question about my cat ??????

kimmykjo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry if this is a little long, I adopted a cat inthe middle of Sep.All of her papers say she was spayed. but for the last month, she has started to gain weight, and she looks pregnant, she is acting very different(loveable)ecept when you try to touch her belly. I did take her to the vet, the nurse that was looking at her said wow she does look like she's preggo, she took her back to the vet , and the vet said that her dates that her paper word didn't match up,so she said that she didn't really feel anything , but the vet also said that she really did look preggo,and that we would just have to wait and see. the last week or so,she has gotten alot more loveable, wants to be by me at all times, lays in my bed which she never used to. My daughter was holding her 2 days ago, and when she got down, my daughter noticed some dishcharge on her t-shirt, it was a little bloody mucus like stuff? can anyone help me I am ver y confused I dont know if were going to have babies,or if we are all going goofy

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya, honestly i dont know but i do kno what you are taking about but the only difference is i got my kittie bella off of the streets and she came here and we took her to the vet and they said she has scars so they believe she was spayed, and they told me to put her on a diet because we went 2 weeks apart for shots and everything and she had gained about 2-3 pounds now she looks alot preggy but i dont think she is because its been too long lol and the longer i had her the more affectionate she does get towards me including wanting to lay on me all the time she follows me everywhere and when its bedtime she even climbs under the covers with me!!! But if i were you i would definetly get to the vet and check that out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimmykjo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did take her to the vet , they didn't to any x-rays or anything like that , the only thing that they said was that they didn't feel anything, but that she did look like she was preggo. They did tell me that cats can pretend to be pregnant
so i don't know I called the vet the other day when my daughter had the bloody mucus on her shirt , and the said just keep an eye on her .

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O my cats can pretend, maybe thats what my bella did lol then again i think she never got this attention so the more i give it the more she wants it lol, and she eats alot and wants alot of food including my candy and anything else thats food that i bring in my room, she was never like this before lol she can scarf down that water though lol but today she cleaned my kitten that i got and i was amazed (bella is "The Queen" of this household or so she thinks and at first she didnt want anything to do with the kitten) but ya i would wait a couple days and see if there is any more discharge, it does sound like she may be pregnant, did u adopt her from a shelter or anything? Also did the vet look on her belly to see if there was even any scars from the spaying? Thats what mine did we got the call that there was scars so thats how they determined that even though we found her lol. But ya the discharge i never had that so i would be worried wheather she was preggo or not!!! So just keep your eyes open and let me kno what happens.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kimmykjo

I did take her to the vet , they didn't to any x-rays or anything like that , the only thing that they said was that they didn't feel anything, but that she did look like she was preggo. They did tell me that cats can pretend to be pregnant
so i don't know I called the vet the other day when my daughter had the bloody mucus on her shirt , and the said just keep an eye on her .
Kimmykjo...cats can have what is referred to as a false pregnancy. That is when they have all the clinical signs of pregnancy but there isn't an egg to fertilize...so no babies. Your vet is correct, at this point it is a waiting game...and I would simply keep an eye on her.

Katie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think cats sometimes get large bloated bellies if they are full of worms. Not to gross you out, but has she been dewormed?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When they spay a cat, don't they take out the ovaries? If so, how could it be a false pregnancy? I mean, in order for them to "swell up" there have to be ovaries. Hmmm...I don't know, I'm just throwing that in there.

Oh yeah, I have a cat that I got spayed back in September. Right after she got spayed she was skinny as a bone, but now she is really fat and it looks as if she were preggers, but I know she's not, she's just getting fat becaues she's more lazy than before and eats alot. That doesn't really help you much, but I just thought I would say it anyway in case somebody else had it appen.

Is she still having the discharge? How long have you had her?