Sinfully delightful!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guess what I did!?! (Get your minds out of the gutter!) I took tomorrow off! That's right! Mrs. Dedicated WorkThroughANastyCold is taking a mental health day!

Yesterday was absolutely frazzling. The 'incidents' in the neighborhood were just the icing on the cake....the tip of the scale...whatever. I was so fried after I posted about the 'incidents' yesterday I don't remember anything but crying (always do that when I get really mad) and sleeping.

So this afternoon I kept trying to get into my boss' office to talk to her. Eventually I sent her an e-mail at high importance saying I needed to talk to her before the end of the day. That worked. I told her I needed a break and can I have it tomorrow! The other instructor in my classroom has had some family thing going on so I was hesitating to ask. But I neeeeeed it. And I want it tomorrow instead of Friday because we have a staff meeting and that means 1/2 day for my students.

Part of me feels bad for missing work. The other part of me is just letting out a big sigh! I told my boss and co-worker that I will keep my cell on and with me just in case something with her family comes up and she has to go out of town. I sure hope it doesn't! Both for the family members sake and my own!

So what should I get into on my day off!?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm...Christmas shopping might be good. Maybe I'll head to the outlets! They are about 45min away. I dunnooo...depends on how productive I feel I guess! I know one thing for certain though! I am not cleaning!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think a day of retail therapy is just what the doctor ordred

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"As little as possible" would be my choice -- but whatever will give you a boost and make you feel special.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking sleeping in late... cuddling with Mooch & Noodles... and then the rest of the day doing nothing for anyone else, but yourself! Treat yourself to some chocolate or something equally as good! Have a wonderful day off, you deserve it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm thinking sleeping in late... cuddling with Mooch & Noodles... and then the rest of the day doing nothing for anyone else, but yourself! Treat yourself to some chocolate or something equally as good! Have a wonderful day off, you deserve it!
What a brilliant idea! You just reminded me that I have a Dove Dark Chocolate candy bar stashed inside the sleeping bag on a shelf behind me... (Don't tell DH!)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! I just went to get the candy bar...and pulled out a bag of dove dark chocolate bites! I have got to stop stashing stuff and forgetting it! Least it's not another doughnut!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would enjoy the chocolates whle watching a good movie tomorrow.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do nothing.. Watch TV,, and veg out.. Maybe some snacks,, and play with the kitties... Vegggg Day.. My favorite!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking tomorrow off, but it's part mental-health day and part "OMG my parents are coming to the apartment and I have to clean!!!" day.

Fortunately cleaning will only take about an hour or two; after that I expect to spend the day playing Neverwinter Nights 2, 'cause I'm a big geek.