Why do other countries have better candy?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I was allowed to try a Green Tea Kit Kat from Japan, and I have to say if they sold them in the US, I'd gain back the entire 95lbs I lost. Anyone else have international candy that they love?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, there is some japanese, thai, and indo candy that i love.
itta brings me bags of that ,and bagged fruit everytime she comes back.

I am not a baker, but this is what i have been told, american use sweet milk , how they use a sour milk ? i guess its not buttermilk. Also there candy seem to have half the amount of surger then are does. So it gives it a very different taste.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Australian chocolate is soooooo much better than American chocolate!!!

Especially Tim Tams

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are these Vietnamese coconut covered peanuts that are to die for called Kohe Kee (i think that's how it sounds) .....they're soooooo good!!!!
I always get a ton of them when Colin and I go to the Asian market to get groceries

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our local grocery store used to have Tim Tams. That's where I first got adicted to them up, but it wasn't long before they quit selling them. I think they were just too expensive an import. I like them though.

I don't know about the green tea Kit Kat though.

niktemadur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why do other countries have better candy?

Because the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

BTW, I'm sure you all know this, but it's worth repeating: Never ever give chocolate to your cats, it's like a super potent and potentially toxic drug for them, since their digestive system cannot break down certain compounds, and that goes double for dogs. I've also been warned about garlic and also, never leave copper pennies where cats can get at them and give them a lick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also had a small problem with Pockey when I ate white sugar. My favorite was the almond chocolate.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Galaxy has just got be the best chocolate in the world

I am rather partial to Spanish chocolate now..........in fact I am a serial Chocolate Factory Visitor
and theres loads here......a really good one is Valor Chocolate (nr Benidorm) the factory is on the original site where a small Spanish family used to make chocolate back in the 1800.......so its real quaint
I like Spanish choc so much, when I try Cadburys.........yuk cant stand it, in fact if you look at the vegetable fat content in Cadburys chocolate........well they say it should be called Fatburys
also not really getting the Hersey stuff
Cocoa also should be of a high content for good quality choc.......anything above 70% is YUMMY

p.s...........why do you folks call it candy
candy to me is that hard boiled stuff, that you have to suck

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was stationed in Germany years ago they had Mon Cherie candy that had a potent liquor center. I got some here in the states and it just had a real sweet crushed nut and chocolate center, nothing like what they sold in Germany. I guess here in the States they couldn't sell the German candy to anyone under 21.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Do you know how long that took me to get used to when I moved here... they call everything (chocolate / sweets / hard candies etc) candy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

It's so funny that you posted that! I had no idea that was something that was cultural!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwwwww i'm not
Thats ok, you reminded me to call my mum and beg

she didn't answer me on the chocolate, but told me a hilarious story about how she and my two sisters have all got bruised / broken noses because my mum walked into a lamp post while talking to my little sister, and my nephew was playing and beat up my sisters when they tried to catch him from falling off a bed

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really candy, but I am so jealous that you Americans have Trix cereal there..and we don't
I LOVE Trix cereal...and MIIIIIISSSSSS IT!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

she didn't answer me on the chocolate, but told me a hilarious story about how she and my two sisters have all got bruised / broken noses because my mum walked into a lamp post while talking to my little sister, and my nephew was playing and beat up my sisters when they tried to catch him from falling off a bed
I would have felt sorry for them if i'd seen that actually happen, but whenever i hear a story like that i crack up!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love German chocolate. It is the best stuff. Lee brought me back some Milka hearts with Strawberry yogurt in them!
Its almost gone so I am trying to ration them. He says he doesn't know why Ilike it so much. I don't do a whole lot of chocolate here becasue it is too sweet. It makes my teeth hurt!