Siamese Breeders - pls read ;-)

moocow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We lost our precious Moo on Monday after an agonizing weekend in the hospital. We thought we were going to wait to get his sister a companion but she is going stir crazy without a playmate. She's just about to turn 2 and is still very active, so a younger brother would suit her fine.

Moo was a purebred wedge chocolate point... with crossed eyes. He was technically my husband's cat but he bonded to us both, and was very sweet, silly, and tolerant. Seriously I don't think I've seen many 2 year olds that would allow you to drape him around your neck like a mink stole and put up with it for long, and the next minute be zipping around the house like a kitten. He was incredibly loving and left a huge void for both us and his sister. We'd like to find a little boy reminiscent of Moo, but of course are well aware they each have their own distinct personalities. We both want a chocolate point boy, and knowing it's not a desired trait I'm determined to talk DH out of those crossed eyes yet although he LOVES that for some reason.

Moo came from a breeder out West and I'd prefer not to ship this time... so we'd like to find someone within driving distance of North Florida (preferably within 4-5 hrs drive time one way). His sister's breeder was the only local breeder I've found but she stopped breeding... and is also helping with our search since she knows how important it will be for Holly to have a friend.

Pls let me know if you know of anyone that will have a wedgie chocolate point boy with that *special something* in his heart ready for "adoption" in the coming weeks, the sooner the better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moocow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You know I've looked at traditionals and I'm certain their personalities can't be much different. Sometimes the line even seems to blur a little in regards to body style. But you know I adored the fact that Moo could sit on the top perch of the cat tree and "ambush" people that weren't even walking that closely to him, by reaching out with that fantastically long arm and whopping them on the head ;-) He sure was a character... he loved to do silly things like that, you could see it in his eyes!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do a web search for siamese breeders in your area. OR check out the CFA, TICA and ACFA websites for breeder info. All of them have a directory of breeders.

You also might check on Petfinder.com for a similar siamese in some of the shelters/rescue groups.

You can also do a web search for siamese rescue too.

Good luck in finding what you want.

Here's a few urls to check out:

http://www.suyaki-siamese.com/

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/blueisles/home.html

http://www.cats-central.com/cat-bree...aysiamese.html

http://secure.cfa.org/SearchResults.aspx

moocow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry ;-) I put this on the thread in the other forum, meant to put it here too.

When we first looked for Moo I searched the internet for two weeks for a breeder and ended up having him flown in. That's when we found the ad for the local breeder... that isn't breeding anymore. The closest one she knows is about 8 hours drive away and won't have kittens available for six months.

Anyway, long story short... been there, done that, so we wanted to throw a line out to see if what we want comes to us without hours and hours of searching and emailing... kwim? I guess if it comes to that, we'll do it though.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find that if you want something, sometimes you have to wait.

We'd like an ocicat but we wanted a specific color and will have to wait till either January or the spring to get what we want. We could have had something sooner but it was not quite the "right" cat.

Remember if its special to you, its worth waiting for. You and your kitty won't die if you don't have a kitten by the end of the year

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad you didn't want a chocolate mitted ragdoll, LOL! Besides, i'm more then 4-5 hours away

The right cat will find you in time

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MooCow

But you know I adored the fact that Moo could sit on the top perch of the cat tree and "ambush" people that weren't even walking that closely to him, by reaching out with that fantastically long arm and whopping them on the head ;-)
I call that "Dive-Bombing" and my Abys are very, very good at it!

mia mouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A long time breeder of quality Siamese that are very reasonally priced is Mary Vincent - X-Quisit Siamese in Clearwater, FL. Her Siamese are known for their wonderful personalities and she is one of the few breeders who will guarantee their temperament. Mary is also a very nice person.
http://www.pets4you.com/pages/x-quisit.html

moocow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

I emailed several Florida breeders to find out what's out there, but since Mary didn't list an email address I skipped her for the time being.

We decided to go with a four month old seal point that the breeder who mentored my other cat's breeder has. Not our desired choco boy but close enough, and I'm sure we'll love him just as much either way. We're taking an overnight trip so we can bring him home Friday and have him with us all weekend to work on acclimating him into our family before we have to go back to work. That means skipping Thanksgiving this year, but we hadn't made plans yet, were already off of work, and weren't in much mood to celebrate anyway.

His name will be Koda. We still miss Mookie of course and always will, but we're excited to meet Koda!

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MooCow

Thank you.

I emailed several Florida breeders to find out what's out there, but since Mary didn't list an email address I skipped her for the time being.

We decided to go with a four month old seal point that the breeder who mentored my other cat's breeder has. Not our desired choco boy but close enough, and I'm sure we'll love him just as much either way. We're taking an overnight trip so we can bring him home Friday and have him with us all weekend to work on acclimating him into our family before we have to go back to work. That means skipping Thanksgiving this year, but we hadn't made plans yet, were already off of work, and weren't in much mood to celebrate anyway.

His name will be Koda. We still miss Mookie of course and always will, but we're excited to meet Koda!
There was a gorgeous seal point at the local animal shelter the other day when I went to torture myself. I was very tempted. Enjoy your new family member and congratulations!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somtimes its best to get a cat in another color (same breed) or opposite sex if same color. That way you won't expect the new kitty to be exactly like the other. I'm sure you little seal point will find his way into your heart

My first cat, Mitten was a blue tabby/white and I could never get another blue tabby/white - I adopted a red tabby/white that was marked very similar.