Husband brought home 6 wk old kitten!

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today my husband just brought home an adorable little 6 wk old kitten, he found at a home where there are WAY too many kitties. All of the kitties are very sick and the people even said they stopped feeding them all so that they would go away-the sad part is that they are not leaving they are simply dying!
I am glad that the little girl he brought home does not appear to be sick or have any problems. I will take her to work with me tomorrow and make sure she is ok, FELV/FIV test her and the we will keep her. I think we might call her Alley, but a name has not been finalized yet. I am also reporting these people to the local humane society, so that hopefully the people will get punished, but if not atleast the kitties will get the help and homes they desrve. It just furiates me to know there are horrible people like these out there! She is the sweetest little girl, she loves being held and pet, she is extremly playful and seems to have a great appetite! I am guessing she is a silver tabby, her markings are to die for! What a sweet face! Well that is all, I just had to get out the frustration about these people, so thanks for listening!

petkeepr7789

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet of you to take in that kitten and care for it. I am in the same situation, down at my local farm there is a young kitten with no mother, and they have TONS of cats, this one in particular seems sick.
I am going to go down tomorrow and ask the farm owners, if I can take it and nurse it back to health, hopefully everything will work out ok...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope they will let you take that little guy home and help it! Good for you for noticing him and trying to help. I just hate situations like this, if it were up to my husband and I, being the suckers we are we would probably keep every one of them that showed up on the doorstep. This is the same place he rescued Dusty from back in March when they were going to SHOOT him. I just hate people sometimes.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so wonderful that you are taking care of the kitten, people like that make me sick all these kitties are dependent on these people and they simpley just stop feeding them so they will go away, good for you for reporting them to, I hope everything works out great. Another thing also for saving Dusty when he was going to get shot what is wrong with people these days? Also petkeepr7789, i hope those farmers let you get the kitten so you can nurse it back to health. I hope it goes so well. I saved my Bella whenever it was over 90 degrees outside and some lady was just giving her milk and they said she was around that area for about a week, on one of the worst streets around here it was pitiful and all she wants is to cuddle and since we rescued her in july she has gained over like 3lbs she was sooo skinny and now shes normal and so healthy and shes my brat but she lovesss junk food and i trie my best not to let her get a hold of anyhting but sometimes you gotta give in cause she will give you her paw!

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay for you!! That's wonderful that you recscued that little girl, but even better that you're reporting those people! That's so inhumane to just let an animal die because you're tired of taking care of it. Shame on them! Keep us posted if you find anything out and enjoy your new baby!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittycorner

Today my husband just brought home an adorable little 6 wk old kitten, he found at a home where there are WAY too many kitties. All of the kitties are very sick and the people even said they stopped feeding them all so that they would go away-the sad part is that they are not leaving they are simply dying!
I am glad that the little girl he brought home does not appear to be sick or have any problems. I will take her to work with me tomorrow and make sure she is ok, FELV/FIV test her and the we will keep her. I think we might call her Alley, but a name has not been finalized yet. I am also reporting these people to the local humane society, so that hopefully the people will get punished, but if not atleast the kitties will get the help and homes they desrve. It just furiates me to know there are horrible people like these out there! She is the sweetest little girl, she loves being held and pet, she is extremly playful and seems to have a great appetite! I am guessing she is a silver tabby, her markings are to die for! What a sweet face! Well that is all, I just had to get out the frustration about these people, so thanks for listening!
Kittycorner...I have a different idea. Invite a TNR group to have all these cats spayed and neutered. These people have probably seen the suffering that occurs when these cats are unfixed and are breeding uncontrolably...that is not helped by feeding alone...in order to help these cats they need to be spayed/neutered so that their numbers are brought under control.

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#co

Katie

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually these people are horrible people: as I mentioned earlier they were going to SHOOT Dusty back this spring before we brought him home. They are filthy scum who live way out in the middle of nowhere and live like pigs my husband said. Some of the kittens are soo sick that their little eyes and noses are soo covered in snot they cannot see, he even said one looked like all his hair was falling out. I agree that they need to be spayed and neutered but I cannot get too involved or I may end up shooting these people. Our local Dumb Friends League will get them the proper care they need and get them fixed and find them new homes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is the little kitty today? I'm glad you are able to help the little one. Any names yet either? I like Alley....that's my best friend's name! (except spelled Ally)

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking-I am 3 months pregnant so I was up with her all night long in the bathroom. So much for morning sickness, it has turned into all night sickness.
Anyway, she was such an angel last night, if it weren't for her my night could have really sucked. She has eaten well and is a ball of playing fur this morning. I am taking her to work with me today, (I am a vet tech) and I will get her a good exam, then she will be able to join the others if all goes well. I think she has to be the sweetest kitten I have ever met.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittycorner

Actually these people are horrible people: as I mentioned earlier they were going to SHOOT Dusty back this spring before we brought him home. They are filthy scum who live way out in the middle of nowhere and live like pigs my husband said. Some of the kittens are soo sick that their little eyes and noses are soo covered in snot they cannot see, he even said one looked like all his hair was falling out. I agree that they need to be spayed and neutered but I cannot get too involved or I may end up shooting these people. Our local Dumb Friends League will get them the proper care they need and get them fixed and find them new homes.
I guess by "earlier" you meant a different post because there wasn't anything above regarding threatening to kill any cats. I am not a proponent of feeding alone...to me, it only encourages more homeless litters to be born which is why I recommended getting a TNR group involved. If the cats are that sick, the humane society may simply decide to euthanize them. I agree..poor cats...but hopefully now they will get out of that situation. I would definately follow up to make sure that something is done.

Katie

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Awww! I'm praying all is well with her and she can join your other fur-kids! Can we see pics sometime?
I took her to work with me today and got her a thorough exam, she is free and clear of ear mites, worms and she is also FELv/FIV negative. We have decided to name her Alley. She is actually more like 8 weeks old. I am hoping to be able to post some pics of her later tonight maybe. We are slowly introducing her to the 6 pack tonight, we will see how that goes. Keep your eyes out for her pics sometime soon!

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lucky for us the Denver Dumb Friends League is the only shelter in Colorado that will not only investigate , but has it's own team of private investigators who can punish these people and then they will take in the sick kitties, give them the attention they need, with their own veterinary staff and then place them in foster homes untill they find the homes they deserve. Yes they are a kill shelter but they have such a high rate of adoption that they have recently been able to help out other shelters in other states by bringing in animals that have need homes as well. They have 2 different facilities in the state and both are state of the art, well maintained shelters that are out to help and protect the animals first and make money later. All of our kitties have fallen out of the sky at us, but if I were to adopt one then I would go there first.