Attention Members!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The TCS Team is happy to see that so many friendships here and that everyone is having so much fun with each other. We donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to put a damper on that, but…

The Lounge has become rather cluttered with a plethora of inside jokes, innuendos, and silliness. Thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s nothing inherently wrong with any of these in and of itself, but it seems that this has become the norm rather than the exception or occassional thread.

We have gotten feedback that some members and lurkers are feeling uncomfortable, unwelcome, and put off on posting or joining, which is why we bring this up. We would like to remind everyone of a few things to remember when posting in the Lounge:

1. Please stay generally on topic with the original post. We know that there can be an evolution of conversation through the thread, but skipping around should be avoided.

2. Please remember that this is a family site. Double entendres are one thing, but out and out sexual innuendoes should be avoided. This also includes cursing, both in posts and images.

3. Please remember that TCS is not a chat room. Please use PMs, emails or IM for private conversations or messages meant for only one person.

4. We encourage quality over quantity in posts. Please make use of the Multi-Quote function (new to this version of Vbulletin) so that threads donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get unbearably long.

Thank you for your cooperation - you are ALL valuable members. We donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to be buzzkills, but we want to stay on this side of the line between fun for all, and a feeling of exclusivity and cliques that wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be welcoming to new members.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On a related note, the image limit has been reset again after it was brought to my attention. It should also be known that the reduction wasn't caused by anyone, but that the setting was broken, allowing unlimited images, which causes server problems. As I said in another thread, the image limit was stable for two years at 10, so I reset it to a whooping *GASP!* 12 image limit!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

4. We encourage quality over quantity in posts. Please make use of the Multi-Quote function (new to this version of Vbulletin) so that threads donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get unbearably long.
Originally Posted by halfpint

Alrighty then will do here
Oh cool, I didn't know about multiquote!!! This is awesome!!!! I'll definitely be using that.

I know I'm guilty of "low-brow" humour every now and again
I'll try to restrain myself

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you use "Multi Quote"? Currently what I do when I quote more than one is copy / paste and then add the tags myself. Is there an easier way?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

How do you use "Multi Quote"? Currently what I do when I quote more than one is copy / paste and then add the tags myself. Is there an easier way?
Yup, there sure is! It's really cool, actually.

Just to the right of the "Quote" button is another button with a quotation mark and a +. You can click as many posts as you want with the little button, then click the Post Reply (NOT Quick Reply). It will quote all of the posts that you have chosen.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Yes, I'll try to restrain myself! 12 smileys? That's going to be a challenge?
You're kidding, right?
It had previously been set at 10 for more than two years straight before it got broken and there were no complaints during that time. I don't see how 12 will be a challenge.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup, there sure is! It's really cool, actually.

Just to the right of the "Quote" button is another button with a quotation mark and a +. You can click as many posts as you want with the little button, then click the Post Reply (NOT Quick Reply). It will quote all of the posts that you have chosen.
you can write in between them too!

Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

You're kidding, right?
It had previously been set at 10 for more than two years straight before it got broken and there were no complaints during that time. I don't see how 12 will be a challenge.
just trying the multi quote, cool

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's those friendships that we make that cause us to get carried away and forget where we are, but your absolutely right! I don't think any of us mean to leave anyone out.......that's one thing about TCS, old or new, we're all one big happy family and welcome all!
Give me a good bop if I forget!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Kittylover4ever, it can be easy to get carried away
...............but I also know how it feels when I read some threads...........I think sorry I just dont get that.......you know some "insider" things eg knomes or nuts. I am sure its really funny to those in the know BUT what is all that about ?? so you can feel a bit of an outsider

So thanks for the reminder we must remember our newbies wont have a clue and we want to make everyone feel welcome !!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mooficat, I don't think anyone 'understands' or 'knows' the gnome thing and nut thing as much as just puts up with Susie's love for them... but as you say they can put members off and we should do our best to avoid that

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Mooficat, I don't think anyone 'understands' or 'knows' the gnome thing and nut thing as much as just puts up with Susie's love for them... but as you say they can put members off and we should do our best to avoid that
Heck, I don't even understand how the gnome thing fell in my lap.
I think that's a leftover joke from Karen and Danielle........I was never part of that, but now the nuts, yes, I do enjoy them very much and was dubbed, The Nut lady!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Heck, I don't even understand how the gnome thing fell in my lap.
I think that's a leftover joke from Karen and Danielle........I was never part of that, but now the nuts, yes, I do enjoy them very much and was dubbed, The Nut lady!
You see, I never knew the nut thing was your thing
I dont mind really, just never got it !!

oh and I just realised I cant even spell KNOMES

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I think it's those friendships that we make that cause us to get carried away and forget where we are, but your absolutely right! I don't think any of us mean to leave anyone out.......that's one thing about TCS, old or new, we're all one big happy family and welcome all!
Give me a good bop if I forget!
I'll behave too

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The TCS Team is happy to see that so many friendships here and that everyone is having so much fun with each other. We donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to put a damper on that, but…

The Lounge has become rather cluttered with a plethora of inside jokes, innuendos, and silliness. Thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s nothing inherently wrong with any of these in and of itself, but it seems that this has become the norm rather than the exception or occassional thread.

We have gotten feedback that some members and lurkers are feeling uncomfortable, unwelcome, and put off on posting or joining, which is why we bring this up. We would like to remind everyone of a few things to remember when posting in the Lounge:

1. Please stay generally on topic with the original post. We know that there can be an evolution of conversation through the thread, but skipping around should be avoided.

2. Please remember that this is a family site. Double entendres are one thing, but out and out sexual innuendoes should be avoided. This also includes cursing, both in posts and images.

3. Please remember that TCS is not a chat room. Please use PMs, emails or IM for private conversations or messages meant for only one person.

Thank you for your cooperation - you are ALL valuable members. We donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to be buzzkills, but we want to stay on this side of the line between fun for all, and a feeling of exclusivity and cliques that wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be welcoming to new members.

Agree with all points!!!

Everything for make better to TCS!!!!!!