wanted covered litter box

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone
Does anyone know where i can buy a covered litter box? those with filters and that aren't smelly ? I dreamt of one and want to try it, i mean the cats will tyr it lol.....

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much anywhere
. Walmart has some, and just about any pet store should have one (and around here, the pet stores carry the bigger ones like WM used to carry). I have noticed that a lot of the ones out now have a door flap, which I don't think my cats would like (they like to look out and see who's coming
), so you might want to make sure it is removable, if you haven't had one before, and your kitty is used to being able to look around

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much anywhere that sells pet products around here
I took the door flap off mine because the cats like to stick their heads out while using it.
It seems like only 3 of my cats use it the others prefer uncovered LB's.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know what kind of stores you have in Malta but check whatever local pet shops are in your area.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xerr

Hey everyone
Does anyone know where i can buy a covered litter box? those with filters and that aren't smelly ? I dreamt of one and want to try it, i mean the cats will tyr it lol.....

i don't know where you can buy those in malta. but i wanted to mention those carbon filters don't work. i've used a variety of covered boxes over the years because one of my cats stands up to pee. we threw out those filters years ago.

i'm switching all of my boxes to rubbermaid high-sided storage tubs. the guys prefer them over the remaining covered box (which is a tidy cats covered box). they use the covered one when the others are dirty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well in malta they don't exist, i visited most of the shops around here and have never seen one. Anyway I wanted to buy one from abroad that's why i asked, i thought some of you knew some stores that sell some not expensive maybe?
The problem is the litter box is in my living room, and it seems like a 2nd bathroom now, it's like pee scent all over. So i guessed with the covered one i'll reduce the problem. Or maybe i have to fetch some better litter, the one i'm buying does'nt *clump* and can't remove the dirt properly from the tray, so I have to throw away all of it in 3 days time, wash the box and replace it new, so it's costing more than normal too. I used to buy litter that makes the pee form a ball to remove it easily but the local supermarket didn't bring more of that. Anyway any help is appreciated !

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can get the bigger size, this is better than the smaller ones. Cats do not feel trapped in the bigger ones.
N.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I got the good ol' $12 set up from walmart for Oliver and he loves it (he's 15 pounds and has plenty of room)... however, I do have to snap the door off because it confuses/scares/annoys him and he won't use the box with it on... smell still stays pretty contained without the door though

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made this one for Oberon when he had hip problems, and he couldn't step up into a regular litter box. All our kitties LOVE it because it's huge, and Lily throws the litter like crazy so it works great for her, too. People don't even notice that it's a litter box.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch