Davidson's eye

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was holding Davidson a bit ago, and I looked at his eyes, and I noticed something kinda funny.

Ok, you know when you are wearing contacts, and they fold up in your eye? Where you can see the contact? It looks like that on his eye, like there's something wrong. I checked out the other one, but it looks normal. It just looks like he has something in there.

Its not red, or swollen or anything, but I just noticed it today, any ideas on what it could be? I do want to take him to the vet to have it checked out, but I have to wait til John gets home with his paycheck, since I don't get my unemployment check til tomorrow or Friday

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm kinda worried

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IS it his 3rd eyelid? Can you give your vet a call and see if it is something to worry about until you can get him in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

IS it his 3rd eyelid? Can you give your vet a call and see if it is something to worry about until you can get him in?
That might be it, but I've seen that before, and it doesn't quite look like that? Maybe it is, I'm not sure - I get worried for nothing sometimes, but its better to be safe than sorry

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Have you looked at his eye in different lights, and from different angles? It might just look like that because his iris isn't uniformly colored.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could just be an eye sleepy, Ya know that gunk you get in your eyes (I call 'em eye boogers) and maybe it just hasn't worked its way out of his eye yet?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Kenz, try not to panic.......sure sounds like his third eyelid, but I would call the vet just to be on the safe side........

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he's been sleeping all afternoon, (nothing new
) But I just checked him again, and its gone - maybe it was his 3rd eyelid? I was just a little nervous!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked again tonight and I still havent seen anything - he was rubbing his eye, and then I checked, but I didn't see anything odd.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking it was just some mucous or a hair that eventually got blinked away. You're such an attentive Meowmy!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I'm thinking it was just some mucous or a hair that eventually got blinked away. You're such an attentive Meowmy!
That could have been it... I've just been really lucky with both of my boys, never having any problems - I get worried when I see something strange!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

That could have been it... I've just been really lucky with both of my boys, never having any problems - I get worried when I see something strange!
That's a good thing. That's normal for a meowmy. Hopefully it's nothing!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, i was just going to tell you it was probably eye boogers or mucous.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had some of those "eye boogies" get long & thin on LuckyGirl's eye once or twice, I just gently rubbed her eye forcing her to "blink" it out....if that makes sense....it only took a few minutes and then it was close enough I could wipe it away....