Ginger's first bath - unexpectedly!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had been able to take pics to share with you, but I had both my hands full and my roomie wasn't home at the time.

After the furkids ate their supper last night, and Ginger walked away from me to start her after-dinner grooming, I noticed that the fur on her "skirts" looked like she had messed herself, poor baby!

So I prepared a warm wet facecloth, picked her up and brought her into the bathroom, closing the door so Ferris wouldn't be able to see me "torture" his playmate.

I sat down with her on my lap and started to wipe at her fur, still thinking she'd messed herself when she went to the bathroom, so boy oh boy was I ever surprised when wiping her with the warm wet cloth started making SUDS on her fur!!!

So now I'm thinking, uh-oh, she sat in dishsoap on the counter next to the sink (I'd earlier found the bottle knocked over, but didn't think much about it.)

So now I had to get water running in the bathroom sink to wash off her entire rear end, under her tail, all down the back of both legs, etc.
I was hoping she'd behave because I'd never given her a bath before, and I was VERY proud of her
because she was a VERY good girl. She DID tell me what she thought of the whole situation, and I told her I didn't blame her one bit!

So I rinsed her and rinsed her until the water ran clear, then sat her on my lap again with towels wrapped around her, and because her fur is so long, I even had to blow dry her as best as I could so she wouldn't get a chill from being all wet.

My poor girl - I think she thought that she was being punished for something, even though I explained to her what I was doing and why, and was afraid she'd be mad at me for the bath and the indignity, but she got a treat afterwards, and later came up to snuggle next to me as I was going to bed, so I think she forgave me.

And THAT...was Ginger's first bath experience, and my first attempt at bathing a furry creature, ever.

I really, REALLY hope that I never have to do the same for Ferris - will have to get full body armor for myself and have him muzzled and harnessed before attempting it, LOL!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Poor Ginger! I don't think I woud be able to try that with Abby

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like she was almost asking for a bath. I mean why would you soap yourself up if you weren't lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Seems like she was almost asking for a bath. I mean why would you soap yourself up if you weren't lol
I know, huh? But the way she was mewing (not meowing, but mewing like a tiny kitten) when she was actually GETTING her bath tells me she had no idea what she was in for when she soaped up!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! Ginger was TELLING you she wanted a bath for sure!

Good job! They usually fare better then we expect them too!