Stewie and broken hips

dozen2luv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a young male cat, 2 years old, that has managed to break both his hips. I am clueless as to how he did this he is an inside cat. Anyway tomorrow he scheduled for surgery to repair one side, I thought that perhaps some of you might have some idea what I am in for when I bring him home. Stewie is in quite a bit of pain but does manage to get around. His only problem at the moment is that he can not get up to the food dish so he is being fed on the floor in my room. They are going to remove his hip socket and leave the rest of the hip bone. After the one side has healed they will go in and do his other side. Thank you for any of your ideas or help. Now if he could only tell me how he did this I would feel a whole lot better!!!

Dozen2Luv (Regina) and Stewie

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had any experience with this type of injury. Just wanted to say I hope everything turns out ok.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh you must be so worried....

Poor Stewie.

Try a Health Forum search...
there may be info. already posted that will help you.

I am sending lots of vibes that the surgery goes well and Stewie recovers quickly so the other one can be done soon.
I am sure that other members will have more info. for you...

Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dozen2luv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could you send Stewie good thoughts today? I dropped him off this morning for his surgery. He won't get to come home until tomorrow and then the "fun" begins, keeping him confined and quiet until his hip heals. The good thing is that Stewie has always been a quiet laidback cat so hopefully this won't be as bad as I think.

Dozen2Luv (regina)

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Regina...
I am sending loads of peaceful vibes to you & precious Stewie.

Feel better and come home quickly sweetie pie.

I will be watching for your updates.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw your thread. I'm sorry I missed it before. I'll be sending tons of {{{Vibes}}} to you & Stewie. Let us know how surgery goes.