This is actually kind of interesting

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah...not quite enough to win me over. At least the ceremony sounds pretty reasonable.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I worry about Tom Cruise having a cat. Then again I worry about him having a human child too. Atleast Katie is there to take care of it (hopefully)

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"A pan, a comb, perhaps a cat."

Perhaps a cat???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

"A pan, a comb, perhaps a cat."

Perhaps a cat???
I know...when you read the whole thing, it sounds kind of 19th century, doesn't it?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"the groom is reminded that "girls" need "clothes and food and tender happiness and frills, a pan, a comb, perhaps a cat" -- and is asked to provide them all.

The bride, in turn, is told that "young men are free and may forget their promises.""

Ummmm, okay!

Sounds like a bizarre religion. I read somewhere that it has something to do with aliens...as in the outer space kind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The bride, in turn, is told that "young men are free and may forget their promises.
Wow, I read right over that part and missed it. Maybe thats what the pan is for....to remind them

Many memories have been jogged with a swat from a #6 iron skillet!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Wow, I read right over that part and missed it. Maybe thats what the pan is for....to remind them

That's what I've heard too!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I think I worry about Tom Cruise having a cat. Then again I worry about him having a human child too. Atleast Katie is there to take care of it (hopefully)
He freaks me out..

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

You know this reminds me that (after my dad started a fire by leaving the kitchen while cooking) my mum kept that burnt pan on the coffee table for weeks and everytime he so much as spoke while she was choosing new cabinets etc she threatened to hit him with it.

So yep, thats what the pan is for

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Sounds like a bizarre religion. I read somewhere that it has something to do with aliens...as in the outer space kind.
I saw that on Dateline (or similar show) they believe that peoples problems are caused by aliens being in their body...something like that.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I saw that on Dateline (or similar show) they believe that peoples problems are caused by aliens being in their body...something like that.
L Ron Hubbard claimed that the source of people's problems are something called "engrams" which are basically a "recording" made on the brain during physical or emotional stress. These engrams can be "cleared" by a specially trained "auditor" (treatments get more expensive as they progress). Scientologists believe that human beings are actually "Thetans" which are immortal souls that travel from body to body, life to life.

Funny some of the idiotic stuff people will believe. Scientology is just one example.