Veteran
Purraise
The girls got subjected to a photo shoot over the weekend

Stumpy

Smudge

Lily

Smudge climbing Mt Meowmy...

Lily again

And Stumpy and Smudge FINALLY starting to cuddle and interact after 2 months of being around each other!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That first picture of Smudge is actually one of the best black kitty photos that I've seen. Good job!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!! Smudge has gotten so big!!! her fur looks so shiny
and those pics of her and Stumpy are adorable!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All beautiful cats! I know I've said it before but I have to say again that I can't believe the difference between that pretty little black kitten Smudge above, and the first photos you posted of her, you have made a real difference to that little cat and she is so beautiful now. She gets more beautiful every time I see a new photo of her.

I also love Lily's colouring, very pretty girl.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww How Cute.

Howler says his Special kitty Stumpy looks Purbeautiful. And sends her Hugs. He said he didnt know his GF was A Model too.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great photo shoot you had, they all look beautiful
Look at Stumpy and Smudge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I think they’re all gorgeous girls, but then I’m biased
Smudge’s coat is as shiny and soft as it looks, she’s a healthy, bouncing kitten now! It was so sweet to see her and Stumpy snuggling together. When Lily and Smudge cuddle, they’re all over each other, but Smudge and Stumpy were more “lying very close to each other”, and in the second photo, Stumpy had put her head on Smudge because she was looking up to see what I was doing, and discovered she had a soft pillow of fur to lie on… It’s great to see them bonding more, especially as Lily used to be Stumpy’s snuggle buddy, but Lily generally snuggles with Smudge now.

Originally Posted by emily_325

That first picture of Smudge is actually one of the best black kitty photos that I've seen. Good job!
I love the shot as well, with her looking out from behind the chair, it's just a shame you can't see her face...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your girls are all so pretty! I love the pics of the girls by the window with the natural lighting. Just beautiful.
And when I saw thost pics of Stumpy and Smudge snuggling, I literally "AAAAAAWWWWW"ed! LOL What sweet pics! I think Stumpy was just waiting for you guys to decide to keep Smudge in the family before she got attached to her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Ah...the magic of Photoshop!
I wanted to see her cute little face too.
Oh wow, cool!!!! How'd you do that???

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Ah...the magic of Photoshop!
I wanted to see her cute little face too.
Awwwwwwwwwwww look at that little sweet baby girl

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh wow, cool!!!! How'd you do that???
Let me see if I can remember my steps...

I selected Smudge using the Magic Wand (and getting all of her) then Ctrl+J for creating a new layer of just her. Then I used the Curves to lighten her to where you can see her.
Then I went back to the background layer, selected her again, feathered the selection by 2 pixels, selected inverse, then back to the new Smudge layer and deleted the outside which was quite a white line around her. The feathering gave it more of a natural look, going from the lightened back to the darker.

Aren't you glad you asked? LOL