All 5 of the kittens are sick!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If ya'll could please spare some vibes at the moment, I would really appreciate it. All five foster kittens are sick. They have a URI as well as ringworm. Their little faces are all broken out now and they are all sneezy and just sick
/ I took them back into the vet this week to get some extra meds..so i'm keeping a close eye on them and keeping them medicated properly. The bad news is that i'm supposed to go out of town for thanksgiving- yet I have no where to take the kittens because they can't go to the shelter for a few days since they are sick- they also can't be around my kitties or my sisters where my mom or sis could watch them.....so i dunno what i'm going to do. I think i'm going to see if my sister or mom mind comming over those three days i'll be gone to medicate and feed them. If not, i won't go out of town and leave them here sick. I swear i'm gonna go
between school, work, and all these sick little ones. Someone wanna send me some happy pills
/ If everyone could keep little Ruger, Blazer, Pirazzi, Kolar, and Magnum in your thoughts and prayers I would sincerly appreciate that
/ I'll keep ya'll updated. At the moment they are eating their dinner (i just gave them their last dose of medicine for the night, so i'm about to put them to sleep for the night.)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww poor babies!!!! Sending healthy vibes to you!

Hope it all settles down for you and they improve fast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks sarah, i appreicate that. they all just seemed to get sick overnight
....i'm hoping they get better very quickly. they all just look pitiful at the moment.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Babies, URI's are no fun. I had to deal with that all the time with poor Gheery. I hope they feel better soon. How long does ringworm take to heal up? John found a kitten that someone is getting rid of because it has ringworm. Along with a few other problems but they couldnt remember what they were.
Anyways I hope the babies feel better soon.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
honestly with ringworm- it just depends...the "average" is about 21 days...but I personally got it after scrubbing some dogs down at the shelter back in august, and my last spot is just now going away. / it really just depends on the animal and it's immune system. they should immediately be given conofite lotion 2-3 times a day on the affected areas. sometimes it's necessary to give them an oral antifungal medication as well. also, you want to buy some Tek-Trol online and spray down everything at least once a day with it to prevent the ringworm from spreading throughout the house. there's a ton of other things you can do for it...if he decides to keep the kitty- send a pm my way and i'd be happy to help ya'll as far as the ringworm advice goes
/

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my godness of course I'll send vibes from here from all of us, and I'll have the wee babies in my thoughts and prayers and you also, bless there little hearts

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Oh my godness of course I'll send vibes from here from all of us, and I'll have the wee babies in my thoughts and prayers and you also, bless there little hearts
thankyou, i really appreciate that. sometimes it gets sooo tiring when i have a large litter of kittens that are constantly ill...but it's definitely worth it- they're such sweet babies. thankyou for keeping them in your prayers

(by the way, I LOVE Cammie's new siggy!!!!)

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

honestly with ringworm- it just depends...the "average" is about 21 days...but I personally got it after scrubbing some dogs down at the shelter back in august, and my last spot is just now going away. / it really just depends on the animal and it's immune system. they should immediately be given conofite lotion 2-3 times a day on the affected areas. sometimes it's necessary to give them an oral antifungal medication as well. also, you want to buy some Tek-Trol online and spray down everything at least once a day with it to prevent the ringworm from spreading throughout the house. there's a ton of other things you can do for it...if he decides to keep the kitty- send a pm my way and i'd be happy to help ya'll as far as the ringworm advice goes
/
Thanks. I dont know if the kitty will actually be coming here or not. Its a SHE so he is debating over wether he wants to get a girl kitten after all. He feels sorry for her. Shes only 6 weeks old and has been away from her mom since she was 4 weeks old. She lives with kids right now and the mom is freaking out saying she has to go. So the dad is searching for someone before she brings her to the shelter.
Shes got some type of health problem too. Hes trying to find the info the vet gave her but he doesnt know whats wrong with the kitten other then the ringworm.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, poor you and the kittens, I Will keep my fingers crossed for them. You really are a star to keep taking on so many sick kittens.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, poor little things. It must be stressful dealing with so many sick kittens. Hope they have a swift recovery!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure they will be fine- but Epona and I will keep them in our thoughts, it is very good of you to foster such sick kittens and I'm sure the good vibes you produce yourself mean that they are in the best hands...
Hopefully your family will still be with you for Thanksgiving

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I am So Sorry your kitties are sick HUGS sending you lots of Vibes and Get well vibes for the kitties too. ((( ))))) ((()))))

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, poor little babies..haven't they been through enough?? Geez, poor things.

I am sending many prayers for them Nikki...that will suck if you have to miss Thanksgiving..

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those poor babies. Sending lots of vibes to you and the babies.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those poor little babies
Don't worry, they will be fine
after all, they are in your wonderful and caring hands

Sending MAJOR get well little ones vibes their way {{{
}}}
and, many de-stress vibes for you

Please keep us updated...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no!
the poor little babies!
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers that they'll be better in no time!
If I were closer, I would help you out with them.
please keep us updated.