Game shows are the new reality shows

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who else has noticed the big trend of game shows? I haven't heard of any new reality shows in the past few months but there's lots of "new" game ones: Show Me the Money, 1 vs. 100, Deal or No Deal.. I'm probably forgetting others.

ETA: I miss old Reach for the Top! My school has been on the show a few times.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Who else has noticed the big trend of game shows? I haven't heard of any new reality shows in the past few months but there's lots of "new" game ones: Show Me the Money, 1 vs. 100, Deal or No Deal.. I'm probably forgetting others.

ETA: I miss old Reach for the Top! My school has been on the show a few times.
I'm so fed up with mainstream television because of all the reality shows and now these dumb game shows. I tend to watch:

CSI (all 3)
House
Grey's Anatomy
Justice
Criminal Minds
Law & Order (all 3)

Beyond that I stick to oldie channels and watch sitcom reruns, or tune into the movie channels.

I haven't even found any of the new sitcoms worth tuning into.

Many years ago I was on the Reach for the Top team for my school. It was great fun

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have noticed that, I think it stems from the success of Deal or No Deal. I personally LOVE game shows, especially the "intellectual" ones like Jeopardy and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I was very disappointed in 1 vs 100, those questions were so ridiculously easy, plus they were multiple choice. Even though my hero Ken Jennings
was on it, I only watched it once. I did catch a little of Show Me the Money last night and was pleasantly surprised, the questions were fairly difficult and it seems like it has a fun atmosphere to it, although the dancing half-naked girls don't really add that much to the show
I might try to watch that one again

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate them..they annoy me for some reason. I do watch some reality tv, but its very limited to like 2 shows...and I do not watch games shows at all. It makes me feel like a bonbon eating Peg Bundy or something..
I have no idea why...LOL

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Deal or No Deal but other than that I am not much of a game show person. I do like Wife Swap and Super Nanny!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think good old Survivor is much more of a game show than a reality show - actually, it's the ultimate game show! So is Amazing Race, when you think of it. Love them! I hate the pure reality stuff like Big Brother though...uggh don't get me started!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked that show that was on fox for one episode a couple of weeks ago... "the Rich List" but they canceled it after one show..I would of liked for it to stay at least for one season