Uploading a large video

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a video of me singing the TCS Christmas 53 days of Christmas thread, and it's too large. I tried uploading it to PutFile, where I usually put things, and it wouldn't let me. Then I put it on my Photobucket acct, but then it would let everyone see everything in my Photobucket acct, which I'm not crazy about. Any other websights that you guys know about that I could try to upload it?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
onetruemedia.com might work, too.

Cant wait to see this video!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I took a video of me singing the TCS Christmas 53 days of Christmas thread, and it's too large. I tried uploading it to PutFile, where I usually put things, and it wouldn't let me. Then I put it on my Photobucket acct, but then it would let everyone see everything in my Photobucket acct, which I'm not crazy about. Any other websights that you guys know about that I could try to upload it?
Uhhhh Susie... not sure how to put htis.... but if you are going to let us see a video of you singing what could you possibly have in your photobucket account that you want to hide???

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Uhhhh Susie... not sure how to put htis.... but if you are going to let us see a video of you singing what could you possibly have in your photobucket account that you want to hide???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Well, you won't actually see me singing as much as you'll hear me..............

Thanks guys.......I'll give your suggestions a try tomorrow.....it's bedtime for me................

wout

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the movie is really really big (recorded with a DV camcorder for example), you wouldn't want (or be allowed) to upload it anywhere on the internet. It could take ages and your provider might get ticked off at you as well.. how large is it exactly ? If it's very large, consider resizing and/or compressing it.

If you are using windows XP, you should be able to easily resize the movie using Windows Movie Maker (check for it in your start menu):

Drag your clip(s) into the timeline at the bottom, and when you're finished choose "Save to my computer" at the left (or go to Save/Movie File and pick "My computer" in the window that pops up.

Pick a name and place for the resulting file, and then hold on at the "movie setting" choice. You should see a link saying "Show more choices.." below the first line in this window.

When clicking this link, you will see a few options, the middle of which is "Best fit to file size". Here you can define how large you want your movie to be, and the program will do the necessary resizing and adjusting.

Should you be an experienced computer user, it's also possible to do such things with Adobe Premiere (or other video editing software) and the divx codec. On linux machines you could use tools such as ffmpeg. If you are a regular computer user, ignore this last paragraph

Hope it helps,
Cheers

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
to TCS, and thank you for those instructions! I have a few videos of Jamie, made with my digicam, but couldn't figure out how to resize them.