Anya Tricks DH...

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night Anya got in trouble AGAIN for scratching at the computer monitor with her Soft Claws. We've tried "NO", we've tried misdirection, and have settled on time outs in the bathroom.

Brian deposited her in the bathroom last night for her 5 minute time out after he caught her little fuzzy butt plopped down in front of the computer monitor scratching away. When he went to let her out I heard him goo, "Awwww," and he called for me to come and look.

The lights were out in the bathroom and he pointed to what looked to be Anya's shadow in the sink taking a nap.

It was at this point that the REAL Anya started making noise playing with one of her cat toys in the tub. (*NOTE TO SELF: Remind Brian to take cat toys out of bathroom BEFORE putting Anya in there for a time out...)

We turned on the light to discover that the shadow in the sink was my makeup bag emptied out and upside down. I'm not sure if it threatened Anya in some way or if she was just feeling the urge to update her look.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anya just got into BIGGER trouble. Only I know this time she had no idea what she was doing...

So I had been defrosting chicken in the microwave and when the timer went off I could still hear a "ticking". I rushed into the kitchen to see water EVERYWHERE around the fridge and more streaming from the top.

Anya was up there trying to balace on top of a container of English muffins and not get wet. She had managed to pull the stopper out of a big container of water on top of the fridge and the water was steadily glugging out of it.

I think I have it all mopped up now...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man she's been reading Heather's posts abut 8-bit!!! He's creating TCS monsters!!!!

Your sig is definitely appropriate!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bit and Anya should go into business together.

Bit has the makeup brush and scissors. Anya has the makeup and I suspect a comb too. Between them they could set up a furry beauty shop

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Bit and Anya should go into business together.

Bit has the makeup brush and scissors. Anya has the makeup and I suspect a comb too. Between them they could set up a furry beauty shop
Sounds like a lucrative business idea to me. Question is...what insurance company would insure them???

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do time outs work as a punishment for cats? I haven't heard of that one before. If you think it's effective for Anya, I might try that with Molly when she scratches at the couch.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Do time outs work as a punishment for cats? I haven't heard of that one before. If you think it's effective for Anya, I might try that with Molly when she scratches at the couch.
We haven't been using them long enough to tell you if they have long term effects, but it works short term. I can put her in the bathroom a mischevious trouble-making kitty, and more often than not she comes out purring and giving me head butts.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time outs work for us when Rocket decides that Isis is a good "live" toy and leaps on her causing her to scream like a banshee even though she's not hurt, just upset at being jumped on, so we shoo Rocket off of her and he now runs into the basement himself because that's where he put him when he does that.
Then we shut the door for about 5 minutes, and when we open it, he's purring, sweet as pie and acting like nothing ever happened. But a little note, we never let the door stay closed on him more then 5 minutes. It freaks out both me and Luna if that happens. So the time is closely monitored. (actually it's more like 3 or 4 but don't tell daddy or mommy will get in trouble!)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

When we were doing the Bit and Scratch introductions we used time outs when things got a bit rough. It would allow the kitty who got a little upset to calm down. IMO it made the transition a little easier.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a clever little girl! Sounds like she's chanelling my Sashka as a kitten - now THERE was a crazy cat! There was nothing she couldn't (or wouldn't) get into! And who says cats don't have personalities?? Cats are the ultimate in personality! So sweet!