Super Inexpensive Makeup!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was unsure if this offer was legit or not, but the girls at my office just received their first shipment from this company. I'm planning on placing another order since the offer is still going. I'm addicted to their moisture-care lip color glosses. Super smooth minty gloss that isn't sticky.

The company is E.L.F. (eyes, lips, face) and right now everything on their site is $1, plus $7 shipping and handling no matter how much you order. Perfect for several women to go in together and place one big order. I'm picking some glosses up for Christmas presents / stocking stuffers.

Check the site out for yourself: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

Just be warned that it takes a while to get your order. I think ours took about a month.
Great products though!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I prefer to buy my cosmetics in person that way I can sample things and see what things look like with my skin tone.

I did some searching for reviews on ELF Cosmetics. Mostly I see good things said about them, but there have been some negative ones too:

Negative:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf11681198.tip.html

Positive:

http://www.epinions.com/content_211232788100
Yeah, most of the bad reviews outline what I said, that it takes FOREVER to get your order. But if you're not the type of person that needs instant gratification, then its not an issue. Good to see that people have had issues with their customer service though. Making a mental note.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leary about buying things on the net...or off sometimes. So I try to research things before jumping in.

I remember several years ago I ordered some stuff from a Canadian company called Yves Rocher. My order came to about $70.00 and I was shocked to see what I got!!!

Nothing I received were full sized products. Everything was sample sized, even the perfumes while packaged in a decorative bottle only contained a teaspoon or less of perfume (1 teaspoon = 5ml)

I ordered some gift "baskets" that turned out to be the size of a tea cup filled with mini sized sample bottles of perfumes and bath oils ($24.00). Plus I ordered some cookie stamps that were broken upon arrival.

Man, was I pissed!!! They refused to refund my money. I never ordered from them again. I refused to give that junk to my friends for Christmas, and ended up giving it my friends' kids to play with. Talk about a waste of money!

Ever since then I make sure I check out a company before I give them any of my money.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've ordered from them. The quality is something like that of Wet 'n Wild. I had issues with their customer service - which they never even responded to my complaint - so I won't be buying from them again. Just FYI....

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm never tried them..than again i am a firm mineral make up user so if its not mineral i wont use it.

that being said I have found some great resources for mineral make up much cheaper than the big names out there and great quality.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, but do they test on animals? I often wonder with companies that mass-produce makeup and skincare, haircare and perfume, and sell it off cheaply, if they perform animal testing with their products.

It's very easy to buy products that are cruelty-free - and more companies than you think are involved with trying to abolish animal testing.