Would you eat after your cat?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you were eating a bowl of cereal and your cat came and took a lick out of the bowl, would you continue to eat your cereal or would you make another bowl?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

If you were eating a bowl of cereal and your cat came and took a lick out of the bowl, would you continue to eat your cereal or would you make another bowl?

Yeap. There was probably cat hair in there before I started eating it anyways

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a lick? Yeah sure, I'm sure they don't have many germs in one lick.

If they were licking out of it for a while I'd probably feel a bit icky and throw it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am probably the only one that will say no, but I am allergic to cats, and wouldn't take the chance.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said yes, but there would be exception, like if they JUST finished a fishy meal, then I'd gross out if they licked my food right afterward.

Other than that, Ginger licks my nose all the time, what am I going to do, go get a new nose???

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, lol.
I do the same with my dogs unless Buster my hound slobbers in my milk then he can have it.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I am probably the only one that will say no, but I am allergic to cats, and wouldn't take the chance.
I'm with you Karen........I love them to death, but no thanks.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of my tribe, 2 are quite adept at 'breaking and entering', 2 are exceptional sneak thieves....and 1 is just plain sneaky!

Soooo, I probably eat after them wether I know it or not

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a daily thing around here - so I voted yes. They lick my face and lips anyways
No different to me!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Given Tailer's obsession for cereal milk, I'd never get to eat my cereal if I threw it away. (We DO have a firm "no paws" policy, though.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I wouldn't. My cats don't usually eat things like cereal with their mouth, they stick their paws into it and then lick it off. I'd end up just getting a mouthful of fur.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes, I have definitely eaten my food after my kitties take a sample
but I also keep an eagle eye on my food, as in I do not leave it anywhere unattended, I usually put in the moicrowave for safe keeping if I have to use the bathroom or something.... with 13 you can't be too careful!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck yes! I would starve if I didn't!
My cats have a begging mode and will walk on water for some things I eat. So since they are so cute, I have to give in and give them a little nibble. Hmmm. Is that why I have a 13 pound abyssinian, two 10 pound feral girls and a 22 pound Twig? LOL! Oh well, as long as the vet says they are ok health and weight wise, they can still have some of moms food, if not then I'll have to eat blind folded.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dori occasionally will lick the bread on my sandwich and I still eat it. That's about the only thing I eat that she is ever interested in. I also kiss her all over her face during 'snuggle' time.
If she did more than just a little lick, like if she chewed on something or drooled all over it I wouldn't eat it... one reason is because since I had the nasty infection from her bite, I worry about the germs entering my body. Paranoid, I know.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure why not!
Reilly stuck his paw into what I was eating last week and I still ate it