I need an opinion

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Okay, so You all know we are celebrating Brandon's birthday on Sat. My question is, we usually don't have people over during the holidays so, should I put up my Christmas decorations now so that everyone can see our house all decorated, or should I wait. No one will see them if I wait (probably.) What do you all think?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.... kinda early for decorations for me, but if you really want to show your family and friends what your place is like for the holidays, I say go for it! And Brandon might get a kick out of it as well!

(I'm also the one that hates going to the stores after July 4 and seeing halloween stuff
)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put it up!
I only say that because I'm putting all my stuff up today.

Do you have time to put everything up? Or would it be a big burdon to put it all up early for his party?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say put it up if that is what you want to do. I would wait on the tree till after Thanksgiving though.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could put up some stuff - decorate one room maybe, and explain that you wanted them to see your house decorated (it might be a good hint for them to visit during the holidays, too!)

I wouldn't put up all the decorations though, or any of the outside ones. I don't celebrate Christmas, but my family does, and I did as a child. I always feel a little weird seeing Christmas stuff up (as decorations) or hearing Christmas music played in stores before December 1st. I don't object to seeing Christmas stuff for sale - I realise that Christmas shopping is best done early, and probably spaced out.

Personally, in general, I would wait til the 8th of December, but that's me.

My partner and I celebrate Yule, around December 21st, and we put some decorations (not many, I guess I'm a little Spartan with them!) usually around the 15th or so. Yule isn't as big as Christmas though. (We spend Christmas with BF's family).

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I say put it up!
You would! You sig jumped straight to Christmas without even a nod to Thanksgiving!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put them up! Put them up!!!
/ hehe, i'm using all my self control right now not to completly decorate my house and Colin's house at the moment!!! I can't wait to decorate for Christmas- hehe, so you should totally go ahead and decorate and take lots of lovely pictures for all of us to see

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we've got people around here with all of theri outside decorations up already and we've even seen some Christmas trees lit up through front windows - go ahead and put them up. Brandon will love it!