Going in to design today!!! Wish me luck!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright guys, well, i'm about to go in to design for another flower shop today. This is the job that I really really want, so wish me luck! I'm a little nervous! I have to do a dozen roses, a vase, a basket, a casket spray, and i'm sure i'm forgetting something. I really really really want this job- it has better pay, better benifits, it's closer to home, and the people are soo polite. If I get this one I might be able to quit the other one soon....so i'm kinda hoping for that. Thanks guys! I could sure use some vibes today
I'll update when I get back later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I'm looking over their website at the moment just getting a feel for that shops style. I think it matches mine pretty well, so that's definitely a good thing. I'm still nervous though!
I'm gonna look over their site a few more minutes then head over there.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd put more of them, but I'm "limited to using 12 images."

I just know you'll do great!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for the vibes and good wishes everyone! I really appreciate it. I just got back home a little while ago. I spent about 2 hours designing for them and so far so good
The lady who hires was there about an hour before she had to go out for the afternoon and run errands, so when she gets back to the shop tomorrow, she's supposed to look over the rest of my designs and call me back. I wound up doing a 10 boutineers- (I filled some orders for them), a vase with a dozen roses, a huge spray and a few other things. They all turned out very lovely- especially the spray- they all gave me a lot of commpliments on that so i'm hoping that's a good sign.
/ I filled a few orders for them today that they delivered- so that's always a good thing when they automatically send your work out w/o changing anything or correcting your style. I should know this week whether or not i definitely have the job, but i'm pretty sure at the moment that i do
/ They even paid me for my work today (which, most shops do not do on your design interview- so that was awesome) - they pay extremly well too! So that is definitely better than my current job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, so hopefully I will know by the end of the week. As soon as i find out for sure, I will let everyone know. I do think it's a good sign that they paid me really well for my work today though.
Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone. I appreciate it!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keeping my fingers crossed that you receive good news!!! I think it's totally awesome they paid you and even used your design for customers today!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Keeping my fingers crossed that you receive good news!!! I think it's totally awesome they paid you and even used your design for customers today!!!!
thankyou!
As soon as I know for sure, I will let everyone know

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh sounds good to me! I hope you get it! It sounds awesome!
Thankyou
/ I'm really hoping I get this one too- I really liked the shop and the people there were also very nice. It felt sooooo good to be back in a flower shop today