things went from bad to worse

kka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well we never found the kittens but today fizz started bleeding loads and having a really thick discharge so rushed her to vets, it appears there is some sort of mass in her womb, they don't know what it is but it has caused major infection, so she has been hooked up to really strong antibiotics and she goes into surgery tommorow morning they are saying she will need a full hysterectomy plus any infected tissue around the womb removed. it is suspected that the mass is something to do with the kittens, one vet has suggested that something has gone wrong late in the pregnancy and the mass may well be the missing kittens but they won't know for sure until they operate tommorow.
i am a nervous wreck just now, we are all just hoping and praying that we don't lose fizz aswell, but the vet has said to prepare ourselfs for that possibiliy if the infection has spread beyond her womb.

i will keep u all posted.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kka

well we never found the kittens but today fizz started bleeding loads and having a really thick discharge so rushed her to vets, it appears there is some sort of mass in her womb, they don't know what it is but it has caused major infection, so she has been hooked up to really strong antibiotics and she goes into surgery tommorow morning they are saying she will need a full hysterectomy plus any infected tissue around the womb removed. it is suspected that the mass is something to do with the kittens, one vet has suggested that something has gone wrong late in the pregnancy and the mass may well be the missing kittens but they won't know for sure until they operate tommorow.
i am a nervous wreck just now, we are all just hoping and praying that we don't lose fizz aswell, but the vet has said to prepare ourselfs for that possibiliy if the infection has spread beyond her womb.

i will keep u all posted.
kka...I am SO Sorry. I will keep Fizz in my prayers.

Katie

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I was sorry to read your update. She is in good hands now and the vets will do all they can to make sure she is well !!

Heres sending lots of strong, healthy get well soon {{{{{ vibes }}}}} for Fizz and some hugs
for you.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh gosh, poor Fizz! you and she will be in my thoughts, mega vibes that everything is ok {{{{{}}}}}}}

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope everything goes well with fizz. My cat had the same problem. The surgery went fine with her and I hope the same goes for you. I'm sending steady hand and safe recovery vibes your way!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's awful. I'm so so sorry.
You and the kitty are in my thoughts. Sending good (((((vibes))))) your way.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear God, how terrible. I can't imagine having to deal with this. I'm sure the vet will take the best of care of her.

KittenKiya's Clan is so very, very sorry.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor cat, and poor you. Hope this can be sorted out ok and that she perks up soon. Lots of get well vibes coming her way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank u all for u r nice messages and support, i am going on the basis that no news is good news as the vet has not called us yet. so it is fingers crossed all goes well and she recovers i will keep everyone upto date.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe. My brood is sending vibes for you and your kitty! {{{{{Get well}}}}}}

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kka

thank u all for u r nice messages and support, i am going on the basis that no news is good news as the vet has not called us yet. so it is fingers crossed all goes well and she recovers i will keep everyone upto date.
That is true, if some thing had gone bad with her, the vet would have called. Good luck, you are in my thoughts!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just looking to see if there was any news, hope she is OK.

dreamweaver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just checking on Fizz. I'm hoping no news in good news.
I hope kka lets us know. Had anyone heard from her.