Flu?

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Heres me laid in bed with the laptop and have the flu. Never really had it before and dont think I ever want it again. I have lost my voice totally, feel like I have picked a fight with a train, every time I stand up, sit up my head spins and moving is just hell. Head aches, ear aches, everything aches and to make it worse, am worrying my self about my boss who wont be happy that I am not there and shes having to do some work for a change.
I am hoping for a change in job very soon (have an interview) and need to get away from the constant worry of a boss that cares not about me but totally her.
I have been like this since Sunday (flat), had the throat since Friday - how long till i feel better? Any ways of getting rid of this quicker as feel very weak.
I am drinking loads, sleeping constantly and no its real flu, not man flu version!!!
Anyone else suffering?
Kev

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev

I'm sitting here dying of a terrible cold at the moment!
My whole head is in a bubble and the left side is constant pain! I have no energy and just feel absolutely yuck!

I have so much sympathy for you having flu - this is bad enough!

I wish I knew something to make it go away quicker for the both of us, but it's one of those annoying things you just have to 'live' out!

Oooh, good luck for your interview though - I'm sure you'll knock their socks off!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll take at least a week before you might start feeling better. I'm getting over a cold and coughing kept me from getting any sleep the other night.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing - fluids and rest. Lucky you, you have a laptop in bed with you. Kinda hard to do that with a desktop.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know people, you might want to try a vodka collins, with a rum sandwich, a tequila fruitsalad and an Irish coffee.

Bet you feel better soon.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my flu shot this morning - I HATE having the flu - it gets me but good, and I'm usually asleep for most of a good week straight. Can't be awake for more than a couple hours at a time, then CRASH!

I feel for you, man.

And I have to ask - are you working for my old boss? She was an inconsiderate, self-absorbed psycho freak. Again, I feel for you - sending vibes that you get better soon, then ace that interview and get a better job as a result!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon-the flu is no fun at all. Get lots of rest and lots of liquids!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Am glad that one of you mentioned the sleeping. I seem to be awake for a couple of hours, do something, ie go to the kitchen and I am shattered and then need to sleep for a while longer. Am hitting the day and night nurse tablets as well as painkillers.
My boss - no comment - shes not interested that I am ill (She would be if she was ill as shes first middle and last), shes having to work for a change and everyone will know about this. Considering I do about 300 per cent ore than she does, she can see what its like for once. I really want the job am going for as she will have a coronary when it comes time for me to leave....
Not fair being off and you worry about going back...
Is it?
Achhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooo
Kev

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

Am glad that one of you mentioned the sleeping. I seem to be awake for a couple of hours, do something, ie go to the kitchen and I am shattered and then need to sleep for a while longer. Am hitting the day and night nurse tablets as well as painkillers.
My boss - no comment - shes not interested that I am ill (She would be if she was ill as shes first middle and last), shes having to work for a change and everyone will know about this. Considering I do about 300 per cent ore than she does, she can see what its like for once. I really want the job am going for as she will have a coronary when it comes time for me to leave....
Not fair being off and you worry about going back...
Is it?
Achhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooo
Kev
Kev - maybe you need to crawl into work and touch everything on her desk, not to mention sneeze and cough into her face a few times.

OK, I admit it. I'm eeeeeeeevil.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate having the flu. I don't get it too often, but I have colds a lot. I basically get a cold once it starts getting cold outside, and it stays until it gets warm out. Then once it gets warm, I have bad allergies. I had the flu pretty bad for my 19th birthday (and I'm canadian, so thats the birthday that you turn legal drinking age). I had it so bad a few years ago, with strep throat at the same time and my throat closed up and I couldn't do anything. I didn't eat or drink anything for a week because I couldn't swallow anything.

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Few days later and I still feel like hell. I went to the interview today and i would love the job, I gave it all through aching head, body, the lot. I dont think I will get it unless they are sympathetic to the sick candidate.
The flu had picked up and was on its way out, the voice is back, but I seemed to have turned downhill this afternoon and the symptoms have all come back. Is this the normal way for flu?
Gonna sit in the corner, sleep and die! - oh and pray for the job!
K

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

Few days later and I still feel like hell. I went to the interview today and i would love the job, I gave it all through aching head, body, the lot. I dont think I will get it unless they are sympathetic to the sick candidate.
The flu had picked up and was on its way out, the voice is back, but I seemed to have turned downhill this afternoon and the symptoms have all come back. Is this the normal way for flu?
K
You probably feel like hell again because you got up and went out. Your body is so weak right now that anything you try to do is going to make you feel like you got run over by a truck. By going out today your body has had it....so....only solution....back to bed for you!!

Sleep and drink a lot...hope you feel better soon!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

K
Yep, sounds normal. There's a day towards the end when you will feel the worst. I hit that day on Tuesday with my cold. Coughed all night and did not get any sleep.

I imagine you can understand why cold/flu medicines with a good % of alcohol are popular!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you should've gone to the doctor within the first day. Last time I had the flu, she prescibed Tamiflu for me. That stuff rocks!!! I was dizzy as a tornado for 2 days while taking it, but I was back at work after 3 days off to address all the phones calls "I know you're sick but...." I was 100% better after 5-6 days.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup- it's settled- you're pregnant!!!!

(hehe, just kidding- thought you could use a laugh while you're feeling bad
) I hope you get to feeling better soon! Hang in there

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well did not get the job but I did my best considering my head was spinning and it was close.
Still cant stop the woozy head, dizzyness and have lost a stack of weight (there is always a positive side) and am wondering just how long this goes on for as all I do is sleep. Is it just me or does this virus leave you wasted after the most simple jobs and needing to sit and rest for a while.
Still, I have my son tomorrow (my ray of sunshine) - no chance of flying due to the flu so guess I am back to bed sunday
Kev

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats too bad about the job. Are you drinking lots of liquids?? Its sounds like you have any especially nasty version of the flu.

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
10 days since this thing started and its gone to my chest. Tightness and wheezing with constant coughing has left me flattened all afternoon. Nose still streaming. Go out to the garbage bin and I am coughing so bad it doubles me up in pain. Am thinking about seeing the gp in the morning and calling work and telling them that I am far from well. My boss will be sooooo mad but I cant help it. She scares me when I call in and intimidates me. Can I ask, does flu take this course as I have never had anything like it before.
Chest is so tight and I spend the day hugging anything warm.
Advice please>?
Thanks
Kev

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't had the flu for 11 years thankfully (knock on wood) I had a flu shot this year too last weak.
So hopefully I don't get it this year either.