It's always the "Stupid cat."'s fault.....

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have come to the conclusion that boys/men will always blame whatever on thier pets, in this case, our cat. The other night after using the bathroom, he leaves the toilet seat up, knowing this gets my goat simply for sanitary reasons.....Maia runs into the bathroom and jumps into the toilet, trying to jump onto so she can get into the sink, thinking the seat is down(she loves to sleep in the sink). When I tell him later what happens, he says "Stupid cat...".
A year ago our last kitty, Sweety, Had jumped onto the living room table and brushed her tail into a lit candle...set her but on fire!! Poor kitty was a reck when I got home, ran to me crying from shock 2 hours later. She was fine, no skin burns, just hair, but of course it was the stupid cats fault!!!!When will they learn?! I mean the stupid guys!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just blame the wife, since it was her fault in the first place.
who needs a indoor toilet, what wrong with the using the outhouse like everyone else
gee,

Glad to to hear the burn kitty was ok

I had the same thing happen a couple of time, the cat missed the jump , and landed in the Toilet

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I have come to the conclusion that boys/men will always blame whatever on thier pets, in this case, our cat. The other night after using the bathroom, he leaves the toilet seat up, knowing this gets my goat simply for sanitary reasons.....Maia runs into the bathroom and jumps into the toilet, trying to jump onto so she can get into the sink, thinking the seat is down(she loves to sleep in the sink). When I tell him later what happens, he says "Stupid cat...".
A year ago our last kitty, Sweety, Had jumped onto the living room table and brushed her tail into a lit candle...set her but on fire!! Poor kitty was a reck when I got home, ran to me crying from shock 2 hours later. She was fine, no skin burns, just hair, but of course it was the stupid cats fault!!!!When will they learn?! I mean the stupid guys!
So... all men are stupid?
Smart men don't blame everything on cats and I know I'm not the only one out there.
There are lots of us who aren't that stupid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I could just say I was just testing, but thats not fare!I am very pleasently surprised that 2 gentlemen were the first to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!! I correct myself and say most guys..............

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Max's `stupid cat' drowned in their toilet when Max was a little boy. A sad, hard lesson to learn about not leaving the seat up when you have pets. Especially small ones who can fall in and not be able to get out when they are stealing a drink. Perhaps you could point out to your bf that there is a real danger to this, and that yes, cats might be stupid if you compare them to humans, who have higher reasoning abilities and know what a toilet actually is. But a cat is not able to anticipate these kinds of things.

It is our responsibility to look after the creatures in our lives who do not have the benefit of our advanced brains. So, you could say to him, `Yes, compared to you, she is stupid, so it's your job to look after her.'

And then you could add, `But compared to me, YOU'RE stupid, so you have to do as I say - or I'll knock you into a toilet!!'

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

. Perhaps you could point out to your bf that there is a real danger to this, and that yes, cats might be stupid if you compare them to humans, who have higher reasoning abilities and know what a toilet actually is. But a cat is not able to anticipate these kinds of things.
Hey, cats bury thier poo, a guy can't put a toilet seat down? Whos smarter?

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that's a very good point. I have the same trouble with my dad leaving the toilet seat and lid up. And I have dogs too so I want it closed because they could get into it and I don't want my cat knocking anything in it from the counter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

why? we know if we leave it up you will just come behind us and do it.
so no need to

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

why? we know if we leave it up you will just come behind us and do it.
so no need to
You've been peeking in my windows haven't you! I feel like my whole life at home is spent following John and Jennifer around and picking up after them and cleaning up after them. And the worst part is I know it's my own fault for "training" them to know I'll do it!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you imagine, if we could all toilet train our cats like Jinxy(Meet the Parents), you guys probably would stop flushing to!Although Jinxy,to my knowledge, did'nt put the seat down .......

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could
Colin for everytime he blames Fosters or one of the kittens for something, he'd have brain damage