What are these cookies called??

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are the ones with a hershey kiss in the middle? What are the ones with a glob of jam/jelly in the middle- I think they're made out of shortbread?

I've been doing a lot of cookie baking
I've made 2 batches of Snickerdoodles (the best cookies I've not only ever made, but ever had!) and next I'm making these Swedish Christmas Cookies (link).

But now Chad is requesting these two cookies that I can't think of the name of! I have the Hershey Kisses already!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always heard them called Thumbprint Cookies. I'll see if I have my Mom's recipe...

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I've always heard them called Thumbprint Cookies. I'll see if I have my Mom's recipe...
Right, I believe that's what they're called. I think the Hershey's Kiss cookies are just that, Hershey Kiss Cookies

Both are cookies that my grandmother always had around. Ah memories

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snickerdoodles are my all time favorite. I have the snickerdoodle coffee creamer, its the best thing in the world

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Snickerdoodles are my all time favorite. I have the snickerdoodle coffee creamer, its the best thing in the world
I think they're mine too!!!!!! The recipe I found is *outta this world*
Ha ha!! It's from allrecipes.com - let me know if you want the link!

We just polished off the last of the batch so I'll have to make more of something tomorrow! Since I first posted I've found a bunch of really interesting cookie recipes!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fan of making the thumbprint cookies with blueberry preserves. It's a nice fresh taste of spring in the dead of winter.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, my mind totally went in the gutter with the subject of this thread...

"So what do you call these cookies???"

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I am a fan of making the thumbprint cookies with blueberry preserves. It's a nice fresh taste of spring in the dead of winter.
That sounds SO good.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's the link: Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles

They're the only Snickerdoodles I've ever made but I'm not bothering to look for a different recipe- they are so good!!!!!!!

Blueberry is a good idea for the jam cookies! Chad requested strawberry which I thought sounded good too... I'll probably try a few different ones and maybe I'll even get a little crazy and try a combo of two different jams!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted you to know that you inspired me to add the Hershey's Kisses cookies to my Thanksgiving menu plan. You mentioned them and then I started to crave them.

I got my mom's recipe. They're the best I've ever tasted. I'm posting it here for you or for whoever else wants to try them.

PEANUT BLOSSOMS COOKIES
48 Hershey Kisses, milk chocolate
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt

Mix roll dough into 1" balls, roll in granulated sugar place on ungreased pan. Bake immediatly at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Place kisses in each cookie,(while hot) press down so cookie cracks. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

Here's the link: Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles

They're the only Snickerdoodles I've ever made but I'm not bothering to look for a different recipe- they are so good!!!!!!!

Blueberry is a good idea for the jam cookies! Chad requested strawberry which I thought sounded good too... I'll probably try a few different ones and maybe I'll even get a little crazy and try a combo of two different jams!
Wow - those snickerdoodles look yummy! As do all the cookies!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just wanted you to know that you inspired me to add the Hershey's Kisses cookies to my Thanksgiving menu plan. You mentioned them and then I started to crave them.

I got my mom's recipe. They're the best I've ever tasted. I'm posting it here for you or for whoever else wants to try them.

PEANUT BLOSSOMS COOKIES
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tsp vanilla
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt

Mix roll dough into 1" balls, roll in granulated sugar place on ungreased pan. Bake immediatly at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Place kisses in each cookie,(while hot) press down so cookie cracks. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
These are my favorite cookies!!!!! Especially when they first come out of the oven and u squish the kiss on there and it's all melty!!!!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

PEANUT BLOSSOMS COOKIES
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tsp vanilla
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt

Thanks for the recipe! I tried making some jammy thumbprint cookies this weekend and they were AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found the recipe on allrecipes.com and they turned out like crumbly flavorless pie crusts with unflavored goo baked into the center of them- yuck! Chad & his friend ate about half and I threw the rest away. I ended up calling my aunt because she's the resident cookie maker and hers are always fabulous- turns out she just uses the same recipe I have in my Betty Crocker cookbook!! So I'll be trying those next. I guess it just goes to show that just because a recipe has a good rating from a lot of people that it doesn't necessarily taste good! Hrmmmph!

My chocolate kisses are waiting for their cookie home so I will definetely give your recipe a try! I'm not sure when.... I have a serious baking week coming up (just like a loooooooooooot of other people!
) Tonight- maybe I can try the right jammy recipe, tomorrow I'm making a turkey just because, Wed gotta get ready for T-day, then I'm supposed to try making my truffles (finally!) on Friday!! I'll let you know if I get to them this weekend- but thanks again!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't believe how many different jam filled cookies there are! Those aren't the ones I made this weekend but they sure do look yummy! I saved it to my recipe box for another time