Cooking help! Does this make sence?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have our Third Annual Non-traditional Thanksgiving Dinner at work next week. I've not had any good ideas of what to make. Someone suggested Chicken Parmesan. So that got me thinking...1. that I haven't had that in forever 2. It would be a hit. Sooooo that got me thinking some more...how does one make that for a potluck!?!

My idea so far is: cut the chicken into small pieces, similar to chicken nuggets or something, and make it that way. So my question is: will that work? I'm not a fan of cooking with oil, but I'll use olive oil. I just want it to work and taste good ya know? Any ideas or input?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen it served at a really good Italian buffet here like that. It was either in chunks or longer strips, then prepared the same way as usual. It would definitely cook faster that way, and would work well for a potluck.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Olive Oil will work the same that is what i use for all my cooking I dont like using any other oil then Olvie Oil unless i really have too. Have you tried Chicken Premivera too that is good also. Chicken Parmesan sounds really good too YUMMM Either the small chucks or the stips would work just fine too Hope that help a little

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only thing I could see being a problem- and this is based on how my chicken parmesan comes out- is the breading falling off of the chicken.

I know when I make mine, as like a chicken breast, the breading always falls off
and it seems to me that if I cut the pieces up smaller that would be more of a problem?

I think the idea of using pre-breaded strips is a good one. I'm not sure if I'd want to use frozen as a dish to serve to people but if they have another kind that you can fry (or can you fry those? I always bake them!)- that might work to make them not look like chicken tenders

I don't know!! I've never had a non-traditional Thanksgiving! That's kind of a neat idea!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd make chicken cordon bleu..of course that's about the only thing I can make successfully except for Taco's and Toast

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I'd make chicken cordon bleu..of course that's about the only thing I can make successfully except for Taco's and Toast
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
That's a GOOD idea!!

I just made some for the first time last week and it was gooooood

Plus you can use chicken tenders or cut breasts in half and make individual servings. You could prepare them the night before (if you needed to) and then just bake the day of. Plus they have toothpicks and you have to have food with toothpicks at a party!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
That's a GOOD idea!!

I just made some for the first time last week and it was gooooood

Plus you can use chicken tenders or cut breasts in half and make individual servings. You could prepare them the night before (if you needed to) and then just bake the day of. Plus they have toothpicks and you have to have food with toothpicks at a party!
Just make sure you take the toothpicks out after cooking and that you can find where you stuck them...I made that mistake once. I wasn't allowed to make it for a while

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

How about a turkey CAKE? Some look just like a roast turkey!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?n...&search=turkey

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Thoes are cute! My Mother (we work for the same company) is actually planning to make a cake that looks like a pumpkin. It was on the front of one of the magazines like family cirlce or something like that. Maybe I can get her to do a turkey one too!

Originally Posted by SarahBeez

I don't know!! I've never had a non-traditional Thanksgiving! That's kind of a neat idea!
We decided we're all about to eat enough turkey and what not. This year the 2 big items on the list so far are scallops and crab dip! I can't wait! I work with some fantastic cooks! Cooks that love seafood!