Whatever happened to the days when.....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could get up from a sitting position without making that "groaning" sound?

Anyone care to add to the list?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG
I have loads...................

you could go out with 5 pounds sterling (nearly 10 dollars todays rate !), have 4 rum & cokes, a curry and still have money for a taxi home

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I used to be able to listen to music, read, and carry on a conversation at the same time. Now I can barely do one thing, and it drives me nuts if there's noise in the background.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Ummm, I think that might have something to do with the Twinky pie!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever happened to the days when I coudl stay up late and party with the best of them???

We went out to a bar with some friends Saturday night and I FELL ASLEEP in the booth sometime around midnight!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am only 25 but I have Cerebral Palsy and while it's pretty mild there are days when I feel like I'm 80 years old. So I guess that means that by the time I am 80 I'll probably feel like I'm 135 and I'm sure that's not good considering no one has lived to be that old yet

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Anyone care to add to the list?
You're doing better then me!
I creak, pop and crunch when I stand up!
...which are usually muffled by the moans!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering how your joints get out of the sockets when sleeping, I alway's something that's stiffer then normal
And lets not go any further then that either

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to know what happened to the girl that used to have an electric pink Mohawk; crowd surfed, and ended up on stage with the band. She grew up, married an insurance agent, and is now owned by two cats. It's been an odd transition.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I just want to know what happened to the girl that used to have an electric pink Mohawk; crowd surfed, and ended up on stage with the band. She grew up, married an insurance agent, and is now owned by two cats. It's been an odd transition.
I'm with ya there.... ok well not really. I've always been much more booring than that. But I get the point. I just blame it on growing up period. and that J-O-B thing.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm with ya there.... ok well not really. I've always been much more booring than that. But I get the point. I just blame it on growing up period. and that J-O-B thing.
Oh and you guys are still very young
Wait just wait, when 40 hits
It's never ever the same

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Oh and you guys are still very young
Wait just wait, when 40 hits
It's never ever the same
Just so long as I can be like my Grandma (who turns 88 this month!). Ask her how she's doing, and she'll pipe right up in a cheerful voice and say 'Pretty good for a lil ol lady!' and then laugh at herself.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just so long as I can be like my Grandma (who turns 88 this month!). Ask her how she's doing, and she'll pipe right up in a cheerful voice and say 'Pretty good for a lil ol lady!' and then laugh at herself.
My grandma is 80 and she's more active then most middle aged woman. She travels in an RV with her husband 6 months out of the year. She sews, knits and does ceramics. Even has her own kiln! She out walked ME at Busch Gardens a few months ago.
She's been married 5 times and has buried 4 of her husbands. She tells everyone it's because they couldn't keep up with her!
She married a man 10 years her junior this go around and he seems to keep up with her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

My grandma is 80 and she's more active then most middle aged woman. She travels in an RV with her husband 6 months out of the year. She sews, knits and does ceramics. Even has her own kiln! She out walked ME at Busch Gardens a few months ago.
She's been married 5 times and has buried 4 of her husbands. She tells everyone it's because they couldn't keep up with her!
She married a man 10 years her junior this go around and he seems to keep up with her.
Hmm....that could be my Grandma...except she and Grandpa have been married 60something years now. And Grandpa isn't a real active person. Grandma loves to sing. Not that she has a fantastic voice but somehow I don't think she cares. Typically she sings "Old MacDooogal had a farm" followed by a high pitched/scratchy eieio!
I love it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmm....that could be my Grandma...except she and Grandpa have been married 60something years now. And Grandpa isn't a real active person. Grandma loves to sing. Not that she has a fantastic voice but somehow I don't think she cares. Typically she sings "Old MacDooogal had a farm" followed by a high pitched/scratchy eieio!
I love it.
Mine is a trip. I get alot of my sense of humor from her. She is worse then a little boy. She gets a huge kick out of my boys. She thinks it's funny when they talk about "gross" things that typical little boys talk about. I am SO much like her and PROUD to be. She's a breast cancer survivor after 23 years of being diagnosed and treated. She endured a VERY abusive relationship with her 3rd husband. Raised 6 kids on her own and supported them w/o any help... She's a wonderful woman!