Why I haven't been on much

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you all remember me being sick and going to the ER about 2 weeks ago for Bronchitis......well the Antibiotics did NOTHING for me
I am worse now than I was then.It has turned into full blown Pnemonia now
Last night I was so weak,I couldn't hold my head up and I could barely breath.I ended up taking a hot shower and then using my inhaler and that did help with the breathing.I was sick to my stomach also

I slept until 3:30 today
I do feel some what better now---not sick to my belly as much.But, the crap is still in my chest.
I called the ER and they said to come back in,but that they will most likely only give me Zithromax again.What's the point in going back?

So, I sit here at the hosue trying to get better and if I get REALLY bad, then I will have no choice but to go back to the ER.
I'm taking Mucinex to break up the junk in my lungs and Actified to clear up the junk in my nose.
So, if I'm not on much..................PLEASE know that it is only because I am sick and can't get on.

Emily325, I will get on and post as many questions as I can for the spotlight.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwww Tammy, so sorry to hear you feel that bad....
.....hang in there and it will get better! Do you have a family doc you can get into see?

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!! Pnemonia is awful!!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
to you. I haven't had pneumonia, but my husband did. It was horrible for him! Poor guy - and poor you! About the only thing I really got out of it was to alternate ibuprofin (Advil/Motrin) and acetomeniphin (Tylenol) every 2 hours to control the fever, and drink a LOT as that will help to thin out the mucus so you can get it out.

Take care of yourself!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must be utterly miserable! I hope you get better soon so we can see more of you again.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go back to the hospital, or to your doctor, and ask for different antibiotics.

Pnemonia is no joke - I know you know that, it's making you miserable - but if you're not on much, I won't be thinking it's cause you're sick, I'll be worried that you're dead. And then who would feed your cats? See, now we're all worried.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's awful to be so sick and I hope you are better soon! It's true that a different antibiotic might help if you go back to a doctor.

This has helped me when I've had pneumonia a couple of times. They are simple things that really help!

1) Several times a day, go outside and take deep, slow breaths of fresh air. It really helps to clear the lungs, among other good things.

2) Stop eating all refined sugar. It supresses your immune system for up to six hours.

3) Do a sinus wash if your nose is still stuffy to get all the infected stuff out.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww..I hope you feel better soon!!!
now go get some rest!
and if you have to go to the ER..go and don't hesitate to!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Emily325, I will get on and post as many questions as I can for the spotlight.
I just now saw this thread. Don't you worry about me Tammy, you focus on getting better!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your feeling better soon
I had pneumonia in both lungs last year just before Christmas. I almost ended up in the hospital. It wasn't fun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, it's both lungs that are involved.I am weak and can't hold my head up for very long.I get really dizzy.
I AM going back to the ER first thing in the am. after I get my kids off to school.
My 16 year old DD has been a God send and helped with the kits and the kids.
I'll post more tomm. when I can.If you don't hear from me for a day, then they admitted me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Prayers and vibes for you, poor dear. We will all be here when you get better so don't worry about us. Take care of yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the ER this am and after 2 bags of IV fluid,blood tests,x-rays,an injection into my IV,2 breathing treatments
I have pnemonia in both lungs,my lungs are weak from all the coughing,plus I have the flu!!!
I was so weak because I was dehydrated.
I have to do a breathing treatment every 2 hours,take antibiotics,drink LOTS of fluid and get lots of rest.I have more cough meds to help me sleep at night.
Thanks for all the good vibes and prayers you all!!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you went back. I know it's a pain to drag yourself anywhere you're that sick.

My continued thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I went to the ER this am and after 2 bags of IV fluid,blood tests,x-rays,an injection into my IV,2 breathing treatments
I have pnemonia in both lungs,my lungs are weak from all the coughing,plus I have the flu!!!
I was so weak because I was dehydrated.
I have to do a breathing treatment every 2 hours,take antibiotics,drink LOTS of fluid and get lots of rest.I have more cough meds to help me sleep at night.
Thanks for all the good vibes and prayers you all!!!
I'm glad you went to the ER....what did they give you to put in your breathing machine? Albuterol or Pulmicort?? I've used both in mine alternating between the two. They may make you vomit a bit at first to get all of the flim out of your system -so don't freak out if that happens- it's normal. Just try to stay really hydrated.
I hope you get to feeling better soon!!