Should I go?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll do a poll.

So I was going to do a girls party on Saturday. Until I found out that the majority of my friends will be celebrating the return of one of our friends whose husband is returning home from Iraq for Thanksgiving. When I texted the girl, she said that "all are welcomed" to the party. I am borderline the acquaintenance/friends line with her. Plus I've only met her husband once.

The place she's gathering everyone at is like 5 miles down the road from where I live.

Should I go to the party?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooooh! I'm the first to vote. I say go to the party. Your friends are going. And if you don't have fun, you can always leave.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A soldier coming back home is not an event that happens enough. Go to the party and have fun. Maybe there's a less busy weekend that you can host your party.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though you are not real close with the girl just being there is showing support to her and her husband and I think you should go! It just helps to show him that being gone was worth it in the end!! (And have fun too and eat something good for me!!
)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

A soldier coming back home is not an event that happens enough. Go to the party and have fun.
That's exactly what I was going to say.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to the party, and have yours another weekend, that way everyone gets to go to two parties

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

Go to the party, and have yours another weekend, that way everyone gets to go to two parties
I like this solution!!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say go to the party and just enjoy yourself have some food and hang with your friends be a nice way to get out and have fun right? And if your not happy about it when you get there then you can leave, but atleast you can say you went and tryed it out.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

A soldier coming back home is not an event that happens enough. Go to the party and have fun. Maybe there's a less busy weekend that you can host your party.

And just Imagine the joy on her husbands face when he sees all the people there to greet him and support them on his return,Especially as a lot of the troops are very demoralised in Iraq because of all the bad press about the war

You'll all have a great time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! I knew doing a poll would work - people like to click on things!

I guess I was being a dork as I never got the "official invite" i.e., "Hey I'm getting people together at this restaraunt to celebrate his return, if you're free that night feel free to stop by." But then I began rethinking and duh, if she didn't want me there she would've never told me the time or place.

Oh and yes, I've rescheduled the Pampered Chef party.