Can someone explain this sentence to me?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't understand what foregoing means in this sentence!

List the numbers of the foregoing transactions, and opposite each indicate the account title to which each expenditure should be debited.

Does that make sense to anyone else? I looked up foregoing in the dictionary, but it still isn't clicking for me. There are a whole bunch of dollar amounts & what they were spent on listed above that. Are those the foregoing transactions?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I don't understand what foregoing means in this sentence!

List the numbers of the foregoing transactions, and opposite each indicate the account title to which each expenditure should be debited.

Does that make sense to anyone else? I looked up foregoing in the dictionary, but it still isn't clicking for me. There are a whole bunch of dollar amounts & what they were spent on listed above that. Are those the foregoing transactions?
Yes, I think the list above are foregoing transactions and they want you to code each one with an account title.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Yes, I think the list above are foregoing transactions and they want you to code each one with an account title.
Thanks guys! I'm still not feeling too well & I have to have this assignment in by midnight tonight. Things aren't making sense like they normally do.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Thanks guys! I'm still not feeling too well & I have to have this assignment in by midnight tonight. Things aren't making sense like they normally do.
Good luck with it and hope you're feeling better soon!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Foregoing essentially means "Before this" or "in front of" so if there is a list and then a statement referencing the foregoing, that means the list before the statement. Does that make sense?

Foregoing: Said, written, or encountered just before; previous