What to do?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you do when your DH thinks 2 cats is plenty but you really want...4 cats?

I have been thinking about volunteering at a shelter for a long time, but my job already leaves me a little depressed and I'm afraid the shelter environment would make me more depressed. I am working on that though.

Should I keep trying to convince him that we should have more cats or should I let it go?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I wanted to add that I'm not sure what his reasons are. It's not money...we are by no means rich but we could definitely give proper care for more cats. I think some of it is that he is worried what other people will think. His parents don't really like cats.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee didn't want any cats. I begged and pleaded enough and he gave in for Phenom. Then Phantom "showed up on our doorstep" (a friend actually brought her to me) and I told Lee we couldn't leave her outside to die. So i brought her into the spare room and worked on Lee over the weekend and Phantom is now a member of our family!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know nothing about relationships. I would suggest you find out why he doesn't want any more cats. Maybe then you can "work him over" more easily!

As for volunteering...I do 3x a week & haven't brought anyone home(yet). I may be naive, but I truly think that by leaving them at the shelter in their cages, I provide the means for their perfect family to find them. If I took them home I wouldn't be their perfect family, but if I leave them at the shelter their perfect family will find them! Did that make sense?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

As for volunteering...I do 3x a week & haven't brought anyone home(yet). I may be naive, but I truly think that by leaving them at the shelter in their cages, I provide the means for their perfect family to find them. If I took them home I wouldn't be their perfect family, but if I leave them at the shelter their perfect family will find them! Did that make sense?
That does make sense.
Maybe I will try to take small steps with volunteering...like starting with a few hours a week. I couldn't be there as much as I'd really like to anyway since I work full time. In the meantime I will keep trying to convince him. He really loves the ones we have so I don't get it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I know nothing about relationships. I would suggest you find out why he doesn't want any more cats. Maybe then you can "work him over" more easily!

HEHEHe.. I am not giving you a hard time... but arent you the foster who keeps adopting
...lol.. is it when they get in the house you say stay