TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Bet Jan is glad she doesn't live in Canada
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bet Jan is glad she doesn't live in Canada

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
from MSN this morning:

A variety of Hershey chocolate products and candies in Canada were voluntarily recalled Sunday because of fears of salmonella contamination at a factory.

There have been no reported illnesses associated with the products, Hershey said in a statement.

Hershey brand chocolate bars, chocolate chips, Oh Henry! bars, Reese's peanut butter cups, and Cherry Blossom sweets were among the affected products.

What a waste of chocolate! OH, THE HUMANITY!
post #2 of 20
But lets think of the positives....you eat the yummy chocolate, you get the salmonella, you get off work for a week, and you throw up so much that you lose 17 pounds in 3 days!!!

No, really, I had a friend who got salmonella poisoning, she was in the hospital for a week, puking her guts up....and she lost 17lbs. She said it was horribly painful, but she looked smokin hot in her skinny jeans when she got out of the hospital!
post #3 of 20
Big article in today's Toronto Star about it too! Huge loss for chocolate lovers!
post #4 of 20
I saw that this morning on Canada AM. I just checked some news articles and the supposedly tainted chocolate was NOT produced for Halloween.
post #5 of 20
Now that's a tragedy!!!
post #6 of 20
What a waste of chocolate!! But I think I would rather not get Salmonella!
post #7 of 20
Heather does have a good point Nothing is safe anymore!!!
post #8 of 20
Did I hear my name and chocolate mentioned in the same breath?

All that chocolate and it never got a chance to be eaten.

Right now I'm working on a bag of Sweet Enticements Bon-Bons. Made in Argentina.
post #9 of 20
As President of the TCS chapter of the SPCC - I request we all have a moment of silence for all the poor chocolate.

Honor them by snacking on chocolate today because a day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine.
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
As President of the TCS chapter of the SPCC - I request we all have a moment of silence for all the poor chocolate.

Honor them by snacking on chocolate today because a day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine.
*bows her head in a moment of silence*
post #11 of 20
Bah! A similar thing happened in England this year, tons of Cadbury's chocolate was destroyed due to a salmonella scare- including the cute Freddies chocolates for infants
Cadburys chocolate is ten times better than Hersheys, but not as good as Green and Blacks
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentNate View Post
Bah! A similar thing happened in England this year, tons of Cadbury's chocolate was destroyed due to a salmonella scare- including the cute Freddies chocolates for infants
Cadburys chocolate is ten times better than Hersheys, but not as good as Green and Blacks
Yes, but the untimely demise of any chocolate is a tragedy.
post #13 of 20
I was eating Hersheys Kissables when I saw the story on TV last night, lucky they aren't on the list.

Recall link http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...0061112e.shtml
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
As President of the TCS chapter of the SPCC - I request we all have a moment of silence for all the poor chocolate.

Honor them by snacking on chocolate today because a day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine.
**trying desperately not to cry, & bowing head for moment of silence***
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
**trying desperately not to cry, & bowing head for moment of silence***


ahem - ahem -

*neet reverts back to mourning demeanour. head bowed, silence.*
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post


ahem - ahem -

*neet reverts back to mourning demeanour. head bowed, silence.*
I can still see a smirk on your face.
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
But lets think of the positives....you eat the yummy chocolate, you get the salmonella, you get off work for a week, and you throw up so much that you lose 17 pounds in 3 days!!!

No, really, I had a friend who got salmonella poisoning, she was in the hospital for a week, puking her guts up....and she lost 17lbs. She said it was horribly painful, but she looked smokin hot in her skinny jeans when she got out of the hospital!
Why can't that happen to me?! Without the puking and horrible pain part

RIP chocolate
post #18 of 20
I had to throw away my little tiny packs of Glossette raisins because they were on the list! Oh sad sad sad!
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokisMum View Post
I had to throw away my little tiny packs of Glossette raisins because they were on the list! Oh sad sad sad!
Waaaaah! How will you get your daily dose of fruit?
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
I can still see a smirk on your face.
Who me???

I mourn the loss of all chocolate. Especially when it moves from my mouth to my hips.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Bet Jan is glad she doesn't live in Canada