vitamin b

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i was taking vitamin b and they are chewables, but i hate the taste of them, i was wondering if its ok to swallow them?? i know its a stupid question
but will it still work as good as if you chew them?? im a lil embarrassed, lol but im sure some one will tell me, lol

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

i was taking vitamin b and they are chewables, but i hate the taste of them, i was wondering if its ok to swallow them?? i know its a stupid question
but will it still work as good as if you chew them?? im a lil embarrassed, lol but im sure some one will tell me, lol
Yes, chewable pills work if you swallow them whole. Your body will break them down. Just don't swallow antacids whole. They are the only pills that won't work properly

I have a question in return for you though...Is your pee very brightly colored while taking the vitamin B????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ummm... not sure been a while since i took em but i will watch n let you know,

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ummm... not sure been a while since i took em but i will watch n let you know,
It's ok, I was about to Google it anyway when I relied to your post. I started taking multivitamins from GNC a couple of weeks ago. I have noticed that about myself and I was told it was from the vitamin B in them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha ok well thanks for the warning, atleast i wont be so alarmed if i have a bright colored pee, lol

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take vitamin b pills and they taste absolutely horrible, so I swallow them, but they still taste pretty grody.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't be embarrassed. I am 21 years old and cannot swallow pills so I have chewable Vitamin C, and the ones I have taste like sweetarts
I have tried EVERYTHING to learn to swallow a pill but cannot physically do it
I know I will have to eventually when I decide to have children

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Don't be embarrassed. I am 21 years old and cannot swallow pills so I have chewable Vitamin C, and the ones I have taste like sweetarts
I have tried EVERYTHING to learn to swallow a pill but cannot physically do it
I know I will have to eventually when I decide to have children
My nephew Cooper is the same way! He won't swallow a pill to save his life! One time we gave him a benadryl and he held the darn thing in his mouth for over 30 minutes until it completly dissolved (yuck!) because he wouldn't swallow it! It's soo weird!
so now when we need to medicate him, we get the pills with the powder inside them, open them up and "drug" some hot chocolate or other foods for him with it and he never notices
the little stinker!