Getting a New Kitten

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well if you've read any of my posts you'll know about Miki, my first rescue. Three months later I got little Tyran from an animal rescue. She was just too cute to leave there. Now, a little more than four months later, we are bringing another kitty into the picture, but not quite.

Two friends and I plan on getting an apartment together in the next few months. We are going to wait a bit to save up some money for the upfront expenses like the first rent, stuff for the apartment/townhome, pet fee, and such. Well my fiance's cat had kittens over the summer and they have 3/4 left. (One got adopted). They are keeping the cream colored one, so that leaves the dark tabby and the orange tabby. I started talking with Shellie, one of the friends, and we want to take in the orange tabby. She is going to be taking him to her house temporarily. Just until we move in together. She's going to re-name him Sir Paul. To me, however, he will always have his original name Garfunkle (sp), and I shall call him Funk, or the Funkman as he is often called. He is four months and will need neutering and his shots, not to mention a good flea treatment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't call it fostering, since we plan on keeping him. I guess re-reading my post it does sound like we are only keeping him temporarily. Today is the day that my friend takes the kitten home with her. I will keep him at my house for a few hours while she is at play practice and she'll stop by and pick him up on her way home. She has decided Sir Paul isn't a fitting name and has decided to re-name him Dylan after Bob Dylan. I of course will always call him Funk. I've called him that from the day he was born.

We are very excited about little Funk joining the family and now Tyran and Miki will have a baby brother. I will be making plans to get Funk neutered within the next few months and also have him vaccinated. I get a small discount at the vet since my grandmother is a senior. Funk will also get the Home Again chip implant. Both of my girls have it, and so will Funk.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How exciting! Orange tabbies are great kitties
every one I've ever known was super affectionate

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Funk didn't used to be affectionate. He's the biggest of the kitties and normally kept to himself. But suddenly he's become this purring ball of affection and will get up in my lap randomly. I think he knows that soon he'll be living with me and I will be Mama.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Soka

Funk didn't used to be affectionate. He's the biggest of the kitties and normally kept to himself. But suddenly he's become this purring ball of affection and will get up in my lap randomly. I think he knows that soon he'll be living with me and I will be Mama.
could be! My Hermes is just a ball of love, will get up on my lap and just lay for hours, with his diesel motor rumbling

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Each of the three boys has thier own personality. Pepper has the face that always makes him look angry. He's not highly affectionate but will sleep in your lap when he feels like it. Mojave, or Mo as he is called, is very affectionate and if you place him in your lap, he will lay there forever. Funk is the purr-bucket and has become rather affectionate lately. The other two boys don't purr nearly as much as this boy.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And people (non-cat people obviously) thinh that cats don't have a personality!