I need advice

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormie is about 3-4 months now, and like i said earlier she is having random nose bleeds but not that much not every sneeze there is blood and we are waiting another day to see if we got to go to the vet because my mom has a hunch that she just broke a blood vessel, me though i am worried of course thats my baby lol. The lady we got her from said perfectly healthy which wasnt the case 2 days later we were at the vet becuase of a URI and she was infested with fleas and had ear mites, so that was a $100 visit and now shes sneezing blood a few weeks later so I am worried my cats are my kids lol but I also have another question because she is still young should I keep my room a certain temperature, also could the nose bleeds be from dry air because I do have a little heater for my room so it does stay wamer in here for my animals, should I use heating pads usually i cover her with a really warm blanket ecspecially at night when it get cold but should I keep doing this because she is so young, I hope she learns off of bella though to just come under the covers thats what bella does almost every nite even when its hot though i think it cause she wants to be right on me lol. But is there something more that I can do???

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Stormie is about 3-4 months now, and like i said earlier she is having random nose bleeds but not that much not every sneeze there is blood and we are waiting another day to see if we got to go to the vet because my mom has a hunch that she just broke a blood vessel, me though i am worried of course thats my baby lol. The lady we got her from said perfectly healthy which wasnt the case 2 days later we were at the vet becuase of a URI and she was infested with fleas and had ear mites, so that was a $100 visit and now shes sneezing blood a few weeks later so I am worried my cats are my kids lol but I also have another question because she is still young should I keep my room a certain temperature, also could the nose bleeds be from dry air because I do have a little heater for my room so it does stay wamer in here for my animals, should I use heating pads usually i cover her with a really warm blanket ecspecially at night when it get cold but should I keep doing this because she is so young, I hope she learns off of bella though to just come under the covers thats what bella does almost every nite even when its hot though i think it cause she wants to be right on me lol. But is there something more that I can do???
Do you notice any scratches around her nose?? Could she have accidentally hurt herself and that is why she is sneezing blood?? I would certainly contact your vet on Monday and get her seen.

As for your other question....I think what you are doing is fine...however, be VERY careful with the heater. I'm not sure what kind you use....but obviously you want to avoid one that can tip over and start a fire or one that your little one gets too curious about and burns whiskers or paws.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...we figured out about the nose bleeds stormie has i guess bad sinuses like me lol.....and so now i have to get a humidifier for my room, and yes i got a tip proof heater, and the kitties dont go by it that was the first thing that i taught them lol and they know that its hot and when i go to sleep its not on and i make sure its not hot incase they decide to go sniff it lol