Whiskas Cat Milk

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE this product- I use it anytime I do not have KMR or the other formula that i use for my fosters. I have had a lot of success with it in the past with previous litters and absolutely no complications from it- it is a very good product
I prefer to use KMR or the other vet formula i often use with my kittens because it has colostrum in it- however, if i am out, i have found that the Wiskas milk works wonders and has no ill side effects

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I LOVE this product- I use it anytime I do not have KMR or the other formula that i use for my fosters. I have had a lot of success with it in the past with previous litters and absolutely no complications from it- it is a very good product
I prefer to use KMR or the other vet formula i often use with my kittens because it has colostrum in it- however, if i am out, i have found that the Wiskas milk works wonders and has no ill side effects
Great! I think they'll like it too.. The kittens are on dry food (free fed) and wet food once a day. They're doing really well with it. I think I'll try giving them some right now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they like it
I usually warm it up a bit when i give it to my foster kittens so it's warm like their mothers milk would be

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope they like it
I usually warm it up a bit when i give it to my foster kittens so it's warm like their mothers milk would be
It's a hit! They love it! All 4 of them have thier heads in the bowl. Tiger's even curious about it
Of course, he's a good uncle and waits his turn.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww!! soo sweet!!!!!!! hehe, you need to take pictures of those sweet little furbabies!
I'm glad they like it

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did i mention- that wiskas milk smells really yummy compared to the other stuff like the kmr. i think it smells really good.
wow, i foster too much- now i'm differentiating between smells!!! Maybe i should go to sleep!
/ Did their "uncle" get a turn yet?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Has anyone tried this with thier kitties? My mom brought some over for the babies and I wanted to know if anyone has tried it or have any input on this product.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...familyID=8747&
I buy it every week, the cats love it, I do add a bit of water to it, they have never had the poo poos from it, I get it at petsmart when they have it on sale you can get it for like $1.60 for a 3 pack I think it's like over dollar for 1 if it isn't on sale.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kroger, if ya'll have one of those in your area, usually puts it on sale once in a while, and it's really inexpenive if you use your Kroger plus card

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

awwww!! soo sweet!!!!!!! hehe, you need to take pictures of those sweet little furbabies!
I'm glad they like it
If they'll ever hold still!

They have run of the house now and they are EVERYWHERE! We have a 19' long window and it has about a 4-5" ledge that runs behind my desk. They find it quite amusing to walk behind the blinds all the way down the window and pop out at me from behind the computer monitor
They also think it's funny to powerbomb purrpa's controller wire to the PS2 when he's in the middle of a mission

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

did i mention- that wiskas milk smells really yummy compared to the other stuff like the kmr. i think it smells really good.
wow, i foster too much- now i'm differentiating between smells!!! Maybe i should go to sleep!
/ Did their "uncle" get a turn yet?
Nope, not yet. They are glued to it! I decided to put Tiger on the counter and give him his own little bowl of it
Originally Posted by halfpint

I buy it every week, the cats love it, I do add a bit of water to it, they have never had the poo poos from it, I get it at petsmart when they have it on sale you can get it for like $1.60 for a 3 pack I think it's like over dollar for 1 if it isn't on sale.
I will definatly have to find out where mom got it and stock up

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If they'll ever hold still!

They have run of the house now and they are EVERYWHERE! We have a 19' long window and it has about a 4-5" ledge that runs behind my desk. They find it quite amusing to walk behind the blinds all the way down the window and pop out at me from behind the computer monitor
They also think it's funny to powerbomb purrpa's controller wire to the PS2 when he's in the middle of a mission
they've been reading about 8-bit lately haven't they?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nope, not yet. They are glued to it! I decided to put Tiger on the counter and give him his own little bowl of it
lol, poor tiger! hehe, at least he got his own little dish

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

they've been reading about 8-bit lately haven't they?
Oh let me tell ya! Little Bo is SOOO following in Bit's footsteps!
This afternoon I kept hearing this meowing coming from the kitchen. I walked in and there was Bo on top of Jake's crate. He kept slipping through the gaps
I put him on the floor and 10 mins later he was back up there again.
I ended up putting a towel on the top so he could explore it w/o slipping.
He's also known for falling into the trash can, spazzing out till it tips over and flying through the house
He plays Tarzan with the clothes in my closet and finds it amusing to "TP" the hallway....
I think I'm gonna have my handsfull with him!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't that just milk with the lactose removed? If so it's a whole lot cheaper to buy "lactaid" milk in the dairy section.

I'm lactose intolerant and buy Lactaid Milk for myself and my kitties drink it too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Isn't that just milk with the lactose removed? If so it's a whole lot cheaper to buy "lactaid" milk in the dairy section.

I'm lactose intolerant and buy Lactaid Milk for myself and my kitties drink it too.
no, it has certain enzymes in it that are designed specifically for a cat/kittens digestive system- it is ment for felines, not humans...and the same goes for lactaid milk- it's ment for humans, not cats- i wouldn't recommend giving them the lactaid milk unless your vet gives you an ok- even though it's lactose reduced, it is still made for a humans body, not a kittys. (i'm lactose intolerant too)./ it's always a good idea to use a formula specifically designed for kitties when you wanna spoil them a little and give them a bit of milk

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh let me tell ya! Little Bo is SOOO following in Bit's footsteps!
This afternoon I kept hearing this meowing coming from the kitchen. I walked in and there was Bo on top of Jake's crate. He kept slipping through the gaps
I put him on the floor and 10 mins later he was back up there again.
I ended up putting a towel on the top so he could explore it w/o slipping.
He's also known for falling into the trash can, spazzing out till it tips over and flying through the house
He plays Tarzan with the clothes in my closet and finds it amusing to "TP" the hallway....
I think I'm gonna have my handsfull with him!
yup!
you're gonna have your hands full with that cutie pie!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

no, it has certain enzymes in it that are designed specifically for a cat/kittens digestive system- it is ment for felines, not humans...and the same goes for lactaid milk- it's ment for humans, not cats- i wouldn't recommend giving them the lactaid milk unless your vet gives you an ok- even though it's lactose reduced, it is still made for a humans body, not a kittys. (i'm lactose intolerant too)./ it's always a good idea to use a formula specifically designed for kitties when you wanna spoil them a little and give them a bit of milk
I had no idea. I was always told to not give cats milk because they can't digest the lactose in it and get diarrhea. So when I saw the product I figured it was just a lactose free milk marketed towards pet owners as a "cash grab".