need major doggy be ok vibes

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i have a 9 month old shihtzu and past hour she has vomited 10 times. I called her vet and even though he dont do after hours hes gonna come see her hes worried about a obstruction. Not sure how im gonna afford this but it dont matter right now. Plz think of her and pray its not too serious. I know this is a cat sight and not dogs but shes part of our family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thank your the vets gonna call when he gets to his office seems like hes taking forever. Of course she is curled up sleeping now.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

thank your the vets gonna call when he gets to his office seems like hes taking forever. Of course she is curled up sleeping now.
Isn't that how it always is? You panic and then they calm down. Still good that you are getting her seem though.

And you mentioned money as a concern - I gave this advice yesterday. The place could probably use someone to do the "dirty work", cleaning cages and giving baths, so if you can't afford the bill, maybe he would work something out with your to trade some "time" for it???

Good luck!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending vibes for your baby ............I hope everything is ok...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwww that poor baby. Lilly and Mia were both throwing up last night.So, I know the worry.
Sending good health vibes your way.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's okay. we care about ALL animals here, too!

I hope your sweet baby will be okay.

please keep us updated!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok update. Back from the vets and $80 later. He looked at her and after the exam he said it seems like she was obstructed but her vomiting must have cleared it.
He gave her a anti vomiting med and a anti flamitory injection. Of course when i brought her she was hyper and tried to lick his face off. He said if she vomits again to call him back.
She seems to be doing better and is sleeping now poor thing. He was glad i came in and was worried he would have to do surgery but as of now he thinks she cleared the obstruction.
Thank you for all for your vibes they worked!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great vet! Im so glad she is fine. I hope she continues to feel better.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thank you all so far she hasnt vomited so meds must be helping. Shes still sleeping. The vet is very nice i know he dont normally do after hour emergencies he usually sends u to another vet in town, so i was rather surprised he said he would meet me at his office.
I guess with all the cats and the dog he gets pretty good buisness from us. What I like about this vet is even after just a check up he always calls 2 days later to ask if we have any questions and how they are doing or if we forgot to ask anything.
He seems to really care about his clients and offers mutli pet discounts. We saved $10 tonight lol.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear she is okay!
I hope she has a speedy recovery.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that your baby is doing better! Sure sounds like you have a wonderful and caring vet for them. I know some are just in it for the money but the way you describe him he sounds like he is one that genuinely cares about the pets he looks after

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok another update. She is up running playin being her normal self. I gave her a little water like the vet told me to and so far so good. He gave me a can of sience diet i/d he told me to give her that today and if she handles that i can go back to her reg diet tomorrow.
I was so worried last night working 8 years as a vet tech I knew all the bad things that could go wrong.
Thank you all for your thoughts.