Entropion in a kitten

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our little foster has Entropion (her eyelids roll inwards), and she'll be going in next week for her spay and surgery to fix her eyes.

Now... say "hypothetically" we decided to adopt her....
What sort of future eye problems could she have, if any, because of this? Does the surgery normally fix her for life, or could she keep having issues?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a shelter kitten go through the same surgery. I am under the impression that it fixes the problem permanently. I'm not 100% sure on that, though.

Good luck to your little girl next week!
(sorry, the only name I can think of is Stumpy!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

We had a shelter kitten go through the same surgery. I am under the impression that it fixes the problem permanently. I'm not 100% sure on that, though.

Good luck to your little girl next week!
(sorry, the only name I can think of is Stumpy!
)
That's ok! This is Smudge, our little foster
Her little eyes just look so cloudy still, and while her short range vision is good, I don't think her long range vision is good. When she's chasing the laser pointer, once it gets more than a couple of metres away from her, she loses it and goes searching for it even if it's in a clear spot right in front of her.

I guess I'll just ask the vets on Monday...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smudge! Duh!

I should also mention that the "residual" cloudiness the kitten here had disappeared about a week after surgery.