Shoes.... Help

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in desperate need for new shoes for work. I've problems with my feet, so I'm really picky on my shoes for work. I work in an office with casual dress. Right now, I'm wearing 10 year old shoes that I bought from Payless Shoes and, of course, I would love the same pair, but they don't carry it anymore. They are a suede "mary jane" flat shoe. I can't wear heels, etc. I can only wear flats and I need a "soft" shoe for my problem feet.

Does anyone have any suggestions, links, pictures, that would be great?

Thanks

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have MBT's (Masai barefoot technology) there? A bit pricey but god, they're worth it! Lemme see if I can find a link!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've had good luck here. My feet are short and wide and I have been able to find shoes that fit.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this will help you, but when I love a pair of shoes that are starting to wear out, I take them to a shoe repair shop. They can do amazing things to make them last longer. If they aren't too far gone, they come back almost like new! If you buy new shoes that don't fit as well as you'd like, they can adjust them so they are comfortable.

Payless has a website with a huge selection, much more than in the stores. But you can only order from them if you are in the U.S.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I don't know if this will help you, but when I love a pair of shoes that are starting to wear out, I take them to a shoe repair shop. They can do amazing things to make them last longer. If they aren't too far gone, they come back almost like new! If you buy new shoes that don't fit as well as you'd like, they can adjust them so they are comfortable.

Payless has a website with a huge selection, much more than in the stores. But you can only order from them if you are in the U.S.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Thanks the replies. I'd love to have them repaired, but the suede is wearing away too much on the sides. But I'm going to keep looking. Please keep the suggestions coming...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're like me and you're on your feet a lot, try finding a place with 'healthy shoes' (what I call them). They're things like Earth Shoes, and Clarks (although Clarks has gotten a little too showy... not the best on my feet anymore... no :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:' arch support), among others. If you need good quality shoes for problem feet, don't go to PSS (payless) and similar 'discount' stores... 9 times out of ten, their shoes are junk and will fall apart with much use. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of shoes from them, but they're not built for comfort and long term wear.

I don't know where you're located, or I'd suggest some places. What kind of problems do you have with your feet, if you don't mind me asking. And what kind of job, i.e. are you on your feet all day, or sitting down some?

Right now i'm doing sneakers (because we can) with extra support, but I'm headed to a 'healthy shoe' store later today to take a look at Earth Shoes and others similar brands. Earth Shoes are not for everyone, I'm told. They're a negative heel, or something to that effect. This is where the heel is slightly lower than the ball of the foot... it helps relieve back pain, foot pain and strengthens the legs and such. I messed up my ankle badly last year, so my foot kills me if i've been standing in bad shoes too long...

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now... have to meet some folks to help empty out a storage unit for a convention (raffle prizes)

Amanda

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a DSW store nearby-they hve LOTS OF SHOES!!! Let me repeat LOTS OF SHOES!! Anyhow due to scar tissue buildup on my right big toe many shoe styles do not work for me. It seem that the more expensive brands work well for me such as Cole-Haan. Liz Clairborne 'Flex" shoes are comfy to as well as the Born brand. Good luck!! Also the same pair of shoes should not be worn everyday-they need a day rest to maintain their shape.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easy spirit is a good shoe, will last and has good comfort. You should buy a good quality shoe, especially if you are wearing them for ten years! I don;'t think payless carries good shoes. When you buy your shoe, check the insole for cushioning, The more cushion the more comfortable the shoe. There are plenty of comfortable flat shoes out there. More so than heels.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

If you're like me and you're on your feet a lot, try finding a place with 'healthy shoes' (what I call them). They're things like Earth Shoes, and Clarks (although Clarks has gotten a little too showy... not the best on my feet anymore... no :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:' arch support), among others. If you need good quality shoes for problem feet, don't go to PSS (payless) and similar 'discount' stores... 9 times out of ten, their shoes are junk and will fall apart with much use. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of shoes from them, but they're not built for comfort and long term wear.

I don't know where you're located, or I'd suggest some places. What kind of problems do you have with your feet, if you don't mind me asking. And what kind of job, i.e. are you on your feet all day, or sitting down some?

Right now i'm doing sneakers (because we can) with extra support, but I'm headed to a 'healthy shoe' store later today to take a look at Earth Shoes and others similar brands. Earth Shoes are not for everyone, I'm told. They're a negative heel, or something to that effect. This is where the heel is slightly lower than the ball of the foot... it helps relieve back pain, foot pain and strengthens the legs and such. I messed up my ankle badly last year, so my foot kills me if i've been standing in bad shoes too long...

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now... have to meet some folks to help empty out a storage unit for a convention (raffle prizes)

Amanda
Hi,

I'm doing office work with computers, so I'm sitting down. And in the Southern CA area, But onto my feet problem, I've a mild case of Cerebal Palsy, which effects my left side, and in turn, my left foot is smaller than my right foot. So I always buy my shoes with my right foot in mind. And my big toe crosses my other toe, so I can't have hard shoes , pressing down on my toes, and always have to stuff (with tissue) the toe of the left shoe to have it stay on my foot.(tennis shoes are ok on Casual Fridays).

So I'd like something nice either flat "mary jane" style or a "nice dress" tie shoe.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are lots of nice mary jane style shoes... the more you spend, the longer they'll last and better quality they'll be. I agree with Gail... I'd almost forgotten Easy Spirit. For a basic dress shoe, i.e. a Mary Jane style, they do fairly well. you might also like some of Clark's models...

Amanda

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I will have to check out their shoes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I typically just head out to the different department stores and try shoes on till I find one that works. My legs kill me at work sometimes so I've gotten to be a stickler for finding good shoes. One brand I've found was Air Supply Plus. I wore thoes till they died. Now I'm wearing one with an aero sole or something like that to the bottom. I've pretty much worn off the writing inside, but I think they are called Classic Elements or something like that. I think spending a little extra is worth it when it comes to shoes.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'm doing office work with computers, so I'm sitting down. And in the Southern CA area, But onto my feet problem, I've a mild case of Cerebal Palsy, which effects my left side, and in turn, my left foot is smaller than my right foot. So I always buy my shoes with my right foot in mind. And my big toe crosses my other toe, so I can't have hard shoes , pressing down on my toes, and always have to stuff (with tissue) the toe of the left shoe to have it stay on my foot.(tennis shoes are ok on Casual Fridays).

So I'd like something nice either flat "mary jane" style or a "nice dress" tie shoe
I didn't realize you had foot problem such as that.. It would be best for you to go to a podiatrist and maybe an orthopedic doctor and get shoes especially made for you. I know they can be expensive, sometimes insurance will cover it, but you need them and wearing proper shoes will prevent furute problems for you with your back and joints.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have these from payless and love them, they are soft, flat and not too dressy for my (very) casual office... typically though, I can be found wearing these, do you think you would get away with it?

Some suggestions:
Report - Riley
Palladium - Lauren (I have a pair of these and they are not very supple and soft when you first get them but wear in really well, I am not sure how much support they would give you.
DKNY - Haneda
Dansko - Giselle
J-41 - Heritage
Camper - 20262
Yellowbox - Click
Dr Martens - Stephanie Mary Jane

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are a couple of names to check out: Ecco and Naot. Neither is cheap, but both are very well built and last well with day-in-day-out wear, have a variety of attractive styles, and they are the names I look for, for total comfort and support. Good luck in your search.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have trouble finding shoes I like and that fit too. I keep telling myself to buy a couple of pairs the next time I find something I like, but I 've only done it a couple of times.

Not sure where you live, but I got a pair of Mary Jane cross trainers at Bob's that were very comfortable and looked nice too. I even went back and got a 2nd pair.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruh-Ro?! Did somebody say SHOES?!?!?!

I LOVE SHOES!!!!! I would recommend for you something by Aerosole. They are conservative for the most part, and SO comfy. Like slippers. Their loafers can be worn with socks, and they even have modern "mary jane" types. Here is a link to their page....shop the site to see all that they offer:

http://http://store.aerosoles.com/es...t=Tailored+All

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! Thank you everyone for your replies!
I've bookmarked all links and will check them out this weekend!