New Adopted Cat

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello to everyone. I just adopted an 8 month old Tabby cat on Thursday. He was on the list to be euthanized so I had to take him. He had been there a very long time and his wait was almost up. He's very sweet. Likes to cuddle. He's getting use to my dog but we still have a few things to work out there. Kota (My dog) loves kitties. However she doesn't know why the kitty won't play with her.

We have not named my cat yet. Some names we were throwing around were
Bast
Lex Luther
Puff
Tigger
and just plain ol kitty..lol

Sorry I do not have pictures. I'm using the Libraries computers till I can get my connection back. I spend all my cable bill money on saving the kitty...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and a warm welcome from Spain and my kitty-crew

What a great thing to do, giving this kitty a warm and loving home. He sounds such a peach
and I am sure you´ll get lots of love in return

Sounds like you have some great ideas for names already. Maybe once you are up and running with your own PC you can post some photos
We´d love to see him.

You´ll have lots of fun here, theres lots to see and do...........and of course, new kitty owners can get some great advice and support about all sorts of kitten-care.

Well good luck
with getting him settled in with Kota, keep us updated.

Enjoy the forums ! !

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome ! It was so nice of you to save a life

If you have anyquestions about the site, please let me know.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

However she doesn't know why the kitty won't play with her.
It's just a language barrier!
With time they'll get used to each other.

Welcome to TCS!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How beautiful of you to save this kitty! Welcome to the site. Cant wait for you to be able to post some pics of this cuddly little boy!

kayliekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome
I'm new too, and this is a great place.
How wonderful of you to rescue that kitty. It sure was the luckiest day of his life

Btw - I like the name Puff-

Irene

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and your beautiful new kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for offering your kitty the chance of life in your home

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite
and we hope you enjoy it here as much as we do! THANK YOU for rescuing your sweet tabby boy; it's MUCH MORE important than any material thing, and I'm sure you will agree that unconditional love, loyalty, cuteness, playfulness, companionship, and just his own unique cat-ness is the best!
We are 9 rescued, indoor-only, spayed/neutered of course! felines, from Nicolas, who's pushing 17, to Suha, who's 2. Our devoted servant makes us her #1 priority and has lived with, loved, rescued, and advoCATed for cats all her life. So she knows just how great cats are! and wishes every single one a safe, secure, loving, forever home.

Usually, in our experience at least, cats let their humans know their names, in time -- whether it's because of a physical trait, a purrsonality trait, or a famous person, current event, geographic location, or ???, each cat has a name that's uniquely his/her own. You're doing the right thing by letting it come to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello thank you for the warm welcomes. We have named him Mr. Puff. He still puffs up at things that move fast. And he's not the best of friends with my dog Kota. But I think they are doing better. They can at least lay on the bed without making a fuss. Kota is afraid of him still. But like I said in time I think they will be friends.

I've paid my cable bill so I should get my internet access at home on most likely today. So when that happens I'll shower you with pics and a video!

Until then take care.

Salemwitchchild

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I like the name Puff though without seeing the kitty or knowing it's purrsonality, I can not be completely sure if it's fitting or not! Enjoy your time at TCS, you're going to love it here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I like the name Puff though without seeing the kitty or knowing it's purrsonality, I can not be completely sure if it's fitting or not! Enjoy your time at TCS, you're going to love it here!
His pictures are located in the picture thread area. Under Mr. Puff.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome I saw your kitty and your collie both are beautiful we are glad to have you