The best Christmas present EVER

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Money is tight this year - and Davidson is planned to be neutered within the next few weeks, or month. With me having just lost my job, and Christmas coming up - I was getting worried about finding the money to get it done, cuz its going to be about $125 with total neutering and his up to date shots. I just figured we might be able to wait until after Christmas, or just be a little tight with money this year around the holidays.

John's mom told us tonight that for our Christmas present from her, she is going to pay for Davidson to get neutered this month

Its seriously the best present ever, I'm so happy that my baby will get neutered soon!!

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Money is tight this year - and Davidson is planned to be neutered within the next few weeks, or month. With me having just lost my job, and Christmas coming up - I was getting worried about finding the money to get it done, cuz its going to be about $125 with total neutering and his up to date shots. I just figured we might be able to wait until after Christmas, or just be a little tight with money this year around the holidays.

John's mom told us tonight that for our Christmas present from her, she is going to pay for Davidson to get neutered this month

Its seriously the best present ever, I'm so happy that my baby will get neutered soon!!
Wow Thats great. Its always nice when you dont have to worry about that. Its very nice of her to do that for you. Amber got Kitten and Bagheera nuetered for free because the vet felt sorry for her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news!

Do you not have a Spay and Neuter Clinic in your area? Where I live the humane society uses them for spaying and neutering, but anyone can take their pets there.

The fee is about 1/2 of what a vet charges. I took Chynna there. Abby's spay was done at the vets because I didn't have a way to get her across town to the Spay and Neuter Clinic.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mackenzie that is quite a gift! She normally doesn't believe in shots, neutering, etc, does she?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful! What a lovely gift.

Make sure Davidson signs her Christmas card

Edited to add:
Oh even better idea - make him send her a thank you note. It's never to early to learn manners!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a great gift and better than anything she could ever give 'for you'

(like Karen said, doesn't she usually not go for the whole shots idea? or are we both thinking of someone else?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

That is a great gift and better than anything she could ever give 'for you'

(like Karen said, doesn't she usually not go for the whole shots idea? or are we both thinking of someone else?)
Its definately better than anything I could have asked for just for myself
Thats for sure!!

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Mackenzie that is quite a gift! She normally doesn't believe in shots, neutering, etc, does she?
Nope, usually she's not too big into getting that done - but she's actually paying for Davidson to get done - AND their cat (which is H&Ds mom cat) I was going to get her spayed awhile ago, but I didn't have the funds after I learned I was going to be layed off - I had to start saving.

So - she gets spayed in 2 weeks, and Davidson will get neutered in probably little less than a month! YAY!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's really great

It's kind of 2 gifts in one... The fact that she is taking into consideration your values when it comes to caring for your pet, that shows respect. 2nd she is taking a big load of stress off your shoulders by paying for it. I can't think of a better gift

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yay Kenz, that is great news

I'm sure Little Davidson won't think its such a great gift though..

Ohhh probably not, but he'll have to deal with it! I'm sure Harley will think its great without his nosey little brother around for 1 day!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news
- I would look into low cost spay/neuter clinics in your area- often times they do the spay/neuter surgery and all vaccinations for around $60 depending on the animal and the gender

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a GREAT gift!!!! I'm glad she's doing that for you and getting the Mom cat fixed as well.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a wonderful and thoughtful gift, and perhaps a sign that she's coming around to your way of thinking? That, in itself, is a bonus. I like the idea of a thank you note from Davidson.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a thoughful gift-perhaps the vet can give her a two for one special??

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

Purrs

Violet