Abby is not impressed!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last weekend I sold a universal gym that was taking up a full wall in my dining room. I live in an apartment and my hall, living room, and dining room are all one area in an L shape, and all of my walls were virtually wall-to-wall furniture, even along the wall with the windows. It was awful and it made cleaning so difficult because it was hard to get under and around things to clean without pulling stuff out and my health hasn't been good and that is very hard for me to do.

So since I can't use the weight gym because of a back injury I decided to put some effort into selling it. So now it's gone and I am able to move some stuff around so things aren't squashed up against each other end-to-end. Tonight I moved my sewing machine across to the dining area (temporary until I can empty out and throw out my bedroom dresser, then it will go there).

Unfortunately Abby loved to lay on the sewing machine which was beside my computer but pushed back into the alcove of a wall. She would lay on there and look at me with her head tilted sideways until I played with her. If she was upset with me she would turn around with her back towards me and ignore me.

Now the cabinet is across the room and while she's laying on it she's not impressed!!! LOL She's meowing and looking at me and sitting up and pawing the wall trying to figure out what happened, LOL

Do any of your cats get bent out of shape when you move things?

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I say you need to put it back for her. :shakesfinger: Or else give her something that is equally as good for her to sit on while your on the computer. Amber always trades things with Lily. I was shocked the first time I saw her strike a deal with Lily to get her coat out from under her. She crawled up and on her bed then she called Lily over to the other end scooped up her coat threw it at me then took off her shirt she was wearing and put it right where the coat had been. Lily walked over sniffed it a couple times then laid down on it. The deal was made. Though I think Lily got the better deal since Amber ended up shirtless and having to find another shirt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She still has the couch cushions and the back of the couch to lay on.

Where the sewing machine was was really squashed for space and I couldn't access it very easy to sew. The cabinet has a top that folds open to make a sewing table to support the fabric. Because it was squashed between the couch and the wall I couldn't open the top properly. Not to mention it looked "junky" (literally side-by-side were: computer desk, sewing machine, couch, end table...wall)

I do feel bad that I moved her favourite spot to spy on me but she can still spy from the couch which actually affords her a better view.

In the meantime she's going to try and guilt me by laying on the sewing machine giving me a "what are you doing way over there" type look hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, well I think she's adjusted!!!! That didn't take long at all, lol

She's laying on her back on the couch with her legs up in the air and her head hanging off the couch cushion.
She looks sooooo cute!!! I wish I had a camera.

If it wasn't for her chest and tummy going up and down when she breathed or the occasional twitch of a let, I'd think she was a dead thing

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

She crawled up and on her bed then she called Lily over to the other end scooped up her coat threw it at me then took off her shirt she was wearing and put it right where the coat had been. Lily walked over sniffed it a couple times then laid down on it. The deal was made. Though I think Lily got the better deal since Amber ended up shirtless and having to find another shirt.
Um, I think it was you who ended up with the best deal in that situation!

Natalie- I'm glad Abby has forgiven you!