Pacific Northwest Help!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all those who live in the Great Flooded Northwest or know folks up here, please, please, please consider fostering one of the many animals in the Cowlitz River Valley (Cowlitz Humane Society Shelter) in Longview, WA, that have been displaced due to the mammoth flooding. Eric and I are driving down on Tuesday morning to pick up two dogs and cats....these guys have nothing to do with the flood, but because of the huge influx of new animals ALL OVER WASHINGTON STATE, the pre-existing animals at shelters are being put on death row. PLEASE HELP. If you can or know somebody who can, PM me and I will give you the email of the top organizer Lady Angel of over 400 dog and cat lovers who are working to find homes for everyone.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What tragic news
Do you have any news links indicating this?? It might do more to drum up some support for your cause. Do you know if NoahsWish is involved at any level??? Bless you for reaching out for those who are unable to do so for themselves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

What tragic news
Do you have any news links indicating this?? It might do more to drum up some support for your cause. Do you know if NoahsWish is involved at any level??? Bless you for reaching out for those who are unable to do so for themselves.
Thank you so much for caring. There are so many news links it would fill the page. It's just all over the news up here in the greater northwest. There are lots of groups helping, but the more rural areas that aren't so high profile near Seattle are hurting. Cowlitz is 200 miles to the south in the middle of basically nowhere. The TV stations are doing a good job, but I was telling a friend just today, it's like a slow Katrina in some areas. I printed 200 flyers and posted all over everywhere but there are so many shelters needing help locally that people in Seattle just smile sadly and move on....

Just type in "Washington Flooding" on the net, and it's there!

otisbird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

What tragic news
Yes, if we could have a URL to connect people, to let them know what's going on? Even just the phone number or address of the shelter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for answering.
I am pleased to report that the dogs caught in the flooding were homed and one even that I had planned to foster was indeed adopted by three very well-behaved children. The shelter is doing ok - they have room now and each dog has thier own "bungalow". It's a good shelter...there are toys and books everywhere. They do take up the toys at 4pm for the safety and precaution of all the dogs. TAHNK YOU!
The name of the shelter is Cowlitz Shelter in Longview, if you are ever up our way!