My jaw STILL hurts!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG It's SOOO swollen and aching.

It hasn't bothered me for a few weeks and all of a sudden tonight it started hurting. It's not the tooth that's hurting, it's my jaw below it.
We are in a financial jam right now so it's not possible to go to a dentist. And with BOTH the kids Birthdays in less than a month and then Christmas I can't afford it... I know I need to get this taken care of but I'm such a baby when it comes to going to the dentist.
Can I get some feel better vibes? It's been a CRAPPY 3 weeks!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you poor thing! I hope you feel better really quick! Are you sure it's a tooth and not a sinus infection or something? That can make your jaw ache!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Oh you poor thing! I hope you feel better really quick! Are you sure it's a tooth and not a sinus infection or something? That can make your jaw ache!
It's definatly the tooth/jaw. It's on the lower right side. Dh just pointed out how swollen it is

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

It's definatly the tooth/jaw. It's on the lower right side. Dh just pointed out how swollen it is
Oh my! Try gargling with warm salt water and put an ice pack on it! Some ibuprofen might help too, since it is an anti-inflammatory! Hope you feel better soon! You may just have to break down and go to the dentist!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my! Try gargling with warm salt water and put an ice pack on it! Some ibuprofen might help too, since it is an anti-inflammatory! Hope you feel better soon! You may just have to break down and go to the dentist!
I just took ibuprofin in hopes it will help. If not, I'll have to resort to a vicodin

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I just took ibuprofin in hopes it will help. If not, I'll have to resort to a vicodin
Yikes - that must hurt a lot! Poor thing! Sending powerful healing vibes your way!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some ice to help ease the pain.20 minutes on and 10 off.
Sending good vibes your way.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm truly sorry to hear this.....mouth pain is the worst..........lots of feel better soon vibes headed your way.............

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yikes - that must hurt a lot! Poor thing! Sending powerful healing vibes your way!
It's like a weird hot feeling... Does that make sense? Not so much painful as uncomfortable
Originally Posted by crittermom

Try some ice to help ease the pain.20 minutes on and 10 off.
Sending good vibes your way.
I tried the ice and it sent me THROUGH THE ROOF! I might try a heat pack in a bit!

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh, I'm truly sorry to hear this.....mouth pain is the worst..........lots of feel better soon vibes headed your way.............
Thank you... if it keeps it up, I might need you and your hammer to knock me out

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending a prayer and vibes to you ... teeth issues are NO NO FUN ....

Do you have a health district>>?? sometimes they help when$$ are tight

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The heat may be better for the pain.But, I was affraid it would make it swell more.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Sending a prayer and vibes to you ... teeth issues are NO NO FUN ....

Do you have a health district>>?? sometimes they help when$$ are tight
We do but since the tooth is broken it needs to be surgically extracted and they only do simple extractions there. I checked into it last time it flared up

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Then I say go to the ER it is an emergencey and they cant send you away if you cant pay..

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The heat may be better for the pain.But, I was affraid it would make it swell more.
I've had teeth issues before and heat was the ONLY thing that would somewhat help... I just took a Vicodin... Expect some funky posts

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Then I say go to the ER it is an emergencey and they cant send you away if you cant pay..
They have before and I was ALOT more sick then this... I posted about it here. All they will do IF THEY DO SEE ME, is give me 2 vicodin and tell me to see a dentist. Been there and done that

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah ours is the same way.They say there is nothing they can do for your orally........and send you on your way.
You're lucky you Vicodine!!!Usually it's only Torodol here.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah ours is the same way.They say there is nothing they can do for your orally........and send you on your way.
You're lucky you Vicodine!!!Usually it's only Torodol here.
I have kept it on hand since DH's was bitten by a brown recluse. He's "MAN" and didn't need them for the pain
So I filled em anyways and kept them on hand

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like an abcess or the bone has become infected.

You really need to get into a doctor and have that looked at. When it comes to teeth, sinus and ear pain you need to get that stuff checked out immediately because those types of infections can end up causing meningitis and that's not something you ever want to get.

There are hospitals and dental clinics that are out there for those who don't have insurance and can't afford it.

Everyone is entitled to health and medical care. Everyone.

Call your local hospital and ask for a phone number of a hospital or a dental clinic that you can go to.

You need to get that looked at. The sooner the better.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's broken, then the nerve is most likely exposed too.