How desperate is your cat to 'mark' new litter?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
silentNate just cleaned out the litter tray. When it needs a complete change, he takes it into another room to empty it into the bin and refill it.

Now I know that a lot of cats like to go straight away in fresh litter, but Radar didn't even wait until it was back in place.

Nate just came back into the room carrying the litterbox - with Radar squatting in it as he was carrying it! Litterbox with cat in it already!

He had to place it very carefully on the floor so as not to dislodge the cat in the middle of his 'doings'.

Sorry, I thought this was hilarious - Nate with cat-filled litterbox in arms - wish I had a camera to hand!

Anyone else have a cat who just can't wait the 30 seconds for the litter tray to be back on the floor?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

silentNate just cleaned out the litter tray. When it needs a complete change, he takes it into another room to empty it into the bin and refill it.

Now I know that a lot of cats like to go straight away in fresh litter, but Radar didn't even wait until it was back in place.

Nate just came back into the room carrying the litterbox - with Radar squatting in it as he was carrying it! Litterbox with cat in it already!

He had to place it very carefully on the floor so as not to dislodge the cat in the middle of his 'doings'.

Sorry, I thought this was hilarious - Nate with cat-filled litterbox in arms - wish I had a camera to hand!

Anyone else have a cat who just can't wait the 30 seconds for the litter tray to be back on the floor?
Reilly was like that!
She couldn't wait until you're done scooping it... at times, I would give up!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place - but it was a humorous story, not a question about problem behaviour, I thought I'd got it right this time cos I thought the Cat Lounge was the right place for humour

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Lucy will get in the box while I'm scooping. I have to wait for her to finish then try again. And can you believe she still comes up with something after I'm done.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have 7 cats with only 4 litter trays , and as soon as they know im about to change the litter they will all be down there using it , i change it and it is a race to see who use's it first lol . tigerlilly did the same thing i went to put the tray back she jumped in and did a wee .

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are so bad I have had them jump and pee before I even get the new litter poured in!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misty would jump in while I was pouring the new litter.

Swanie will get into to it the minute it's available to him (I've learned to change it in the bathroom with the door closed). Once I put one in the hallway while I went to do the other one, and when I came out he'd christened it.

Cindy couldn't care less.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Saki is the same way. Sometimes he will just go in the box before I even have a chance to fill it back up

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha! I can just picture that, LOL

I change the litter right in the bathroom where the box is, that way I can soak the box in the tub with some javex while I clean the floor. As soon as I fill it and put it back there is a kitty in it! Usually Chynna, but sometimes Abby gets in there first.

namo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Draco is always the first one to use the litterbox after I change it. He'll sit there and stare while i scoop and dump out the litter then when I'm pouring the new litter he'll jump in, right under the stream!