Men!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've been really busy this week because our friends are getting married and I'm planning the bachelorette party (which is tomorrow night) and I've really fallen behind on the house work. DH decided that he would catch us up on laundry (which he is actually pretty good at) but threw my favorite VS Wireless Ipex Bra in a load with t-shirts and stuff instead of washing it by itself!!! THEN put it through the dryer!!
He has questioned me before about why I wash my bras seperately and I have told him...I'm so upset. That bra was NOT cheap!! Now the support pads are creased and I don't know if I'll ever be able to save it.
This is so dumb, I'm really crying over a stupid bra...what is wrong with me? I
that bra though!

Anyone know if I can save it? I didn't know if I could try to iron it or not, its made out of Lycra, Nylon and Spandex. Its so comfy...it feels like your not wearing one at all, but holds you up beautifully.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so after taking a minute to calm down and re-read this post...I do realize that he had good intentions and was just trying to help me out. I wanted to let you guys know that I'm not really mad at him. I'm just upset about my bra!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure if you can save it.. if not, just hold on a couple more months until their semi-annual sale
I know I am counting down the days. I have a feeling Kenz is as well

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate - I had a whole washload of delicates in the machine last week, and my roomie put them all in the dryer on medium setting - just thought he was being helpful.

All my VS cotton bras were in there, plus a line-dry ONLY bathing suit. ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I nearly took his head off - he's lived with me for over 8 years and shrunk clothing on me before - it isn't like he isn't AWARE that I hang dry lots of stuff!!!

I asked him to TRY not to be so helpful when it comes to MY laundry in the future.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you just want to strangle them huh?? I love VS bras, but this one is my only wireless one, and I just love it.
Oh well...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I am not sure if you can save it.. if not, just hold on a couple more months until their semi-annual sale
I know I am counting down the days. I have a feeling Kenz is as well
I'm not sure you can save it either - I don't have an IPEX - my dream! but I know I had a cotton bra that I accidentally put in the dryer (my 1st one) and it got all bunchy - and i couldn't save it

I think your gonna have to wait until the semi-annual sale to get a new one - or tell him to buy you a new one for Christmas
I know he had the right intentions, everyone makes mistakes!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be crying over a $50 bra too! Just make sure you take the $50 for the new bra out of his mad money when you go shopping this week

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the important thing is that you have a SO that actually cares enough about you to help you around the house.

There are many lazy slobs (both men and women) who don't do anything. Some people would give their eye teeth to have a partner that actually helped around the house.

I'm sorry about your bra, but those can be replaced. I'm on your DH's side this time
He saw you were stressed out and he tried to help, and that's the most important thing of all

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

So, I've been really busy this week because our friends are getting married and I'm planning the bachelorette party (which is tomorrow night) and I've really fallen behind on the house work. DH decided that he would catch us up on laundry (which he is actually pretty good at) but threw my favorite VS Wireless Ipex Bra in a load with t-shirts and stuff instead of washing it by itself!!! THEN put it through the dryer!!
He has questioned me before about why I wash my bras seperately and I have told him...I'm so upset. That bra was NOT cheap!! Now the support pads are creased and I don't know if I'll ever be able to save it.
This is so dumb, I'm really crying over a stupid bra...what is wrong with me? I
that bra though!

Anyone know if I can save it? I didn't know if I could try to iron it or not, its made out of Lycra, Nylon and Spandex. Its so comfy...it feels like your not wearing one at all, but holds you up beautifully.
I'd be happy it didn't have tar on it!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

well i would say dont wear one, but someone may throw something at me
You and my husband would probably get along!

Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I'd be happy it didn't have tar on it!
Isn't that the truth!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I think the important thing is that you have a SO that actually cares enough about you to help you around the house.

There are many lazy slobs (both men and women) who don't do anything. Some people would give their eye teeth to have a partner that actually helped around the house.

I'm sorry about your bra, but those can be replaced. I'm on your DH's side this time
He saw you were stressed out and he tried to help, and that's the most important thing of all
I've already thought about this...I am a very lucky girl. He helps out a lot around the house. I just wish it would have been any other bra!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

You and my husband would probably get along!

Isn't that the truth!!

I've already thought about this...I am a very lucky girl. He helps out a lot around the house. I just wish it would have been any other bra!!
DH likes to "help" do laundry here also. I love that he tries... seriously, I do. But I don't think white Tommy Hilfiger jeans are supposed to have sticky black spots on them

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would slap my DH if he ruined my favorite bra

Just kidding, but I would be pretty mad..

No men shall ever come near my laundry....

They screw it up on purpose so we don't make them do the laundry I think...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I believe they are in kahoots with the dryer gremlins

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just say, "Honey, I love that you did the laundry. But I'm worried this bra might be ruined. Would you mind if I got another to replace it?" If he doesn't already know how much, tell him, and see his reaction. He won't make the same mistake again.

I wear nothing but VS and I LOVE the Ipex (I have ONE, lol) and my husband couldn't understand why I would pay so much for a bra. Then he noticed the "cheaper" ones have started to wear out and my VS bras, that are way older, still look good. He's already promised to "support my habit." LOL

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ambers the one you have to watch here. She just throws everything in together. I swear all my under shirts are now light pink.