Fingernails on a blackboard...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... that is what I woke up to last night. There are a flock of geese that live outside our apartment complex in the fall and winter and 8-Bit is bound and determined to kill them all. He just has to figure out how to break through a sliding glass door and get to them. His first attempt is trying to paw through, this morning I caught him trying to hang on the latch. We shall see what his next attempts bring.

Oh just to let everyone know there is NO way on earth he could get this door open. We have a safety bar with a small pad lock on it to make sure he can't get it open. That is unless he somehow learns how to use a key.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

... that is what I woke up to last night. There are a flock of geese that live outside our apartment complex in the fall and winter and 8-Bit is bound and determined to kill them all. He just has to figure out how to break through a sliding glass door and get to them. His first attempt is trying to paw through, this morning I caught him trying to hang on the latch. We shall see what his next attempts are.

Oh just to let everyone know there is NO way on earth he could get this door open. We have a safety bar with a small pad lock on it to make sure he can't get it open. That is unless he somehow learns how to use a key.
Umm....with Bit you never know! My Jacob is an excellent door opener! He just hasn't figured out the latch on our sliding doors either, not for lack of trying! He thinks you have to go through an inside door that's slightly ajar by jumping up and grabbing the door handle!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

i wouldn't put it past him...
I know... that's the scary part. He's looked at the padlock before, and thought about it.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

If anyone could do it, it would definitely be 8-bit.
I know... 8-Bit often is upset that he is a cat. He is waiting for the day he wakes up and is human.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

My guess is that 8-Bit will get that door open within the next week. Sooner or later he will make you feel guilty for keeping him inside and make you open the door.
We live on the 12th floor, so I feel no guilt. He can't get out there or it would be dangerous. The last thing I want to see is him tring to ballance on the railing.