Holy Sleep Deprivation

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, but enough is enough. My babies have not been nice to me this past week and I am hoping for at least one good nights sleep
. It's not their fault at all and they've done nothing wrong, but I think because it's getting colder, especially at night, I've become their heating blanket. I have been up in the middle of the night for hours the past 4 nights because of them. Here's a few pics I took at various times in the middle of the night

This one was taken at 3:19 am (yes I know it was 3:19 because I was not happy to be up). Please take note that there is no room for me yet this is MY BED!!! I keep trying to tell them this, but they just don't seem to get it.

This one is of me actually in the bed. I woke up and felt like I was in a cocoon. I couldn't even roll over. It's hard to see, but there are 4 cats in this pic all strategically placed - 2 on either side of me in an exact square. (By the way - it was about 4am in this one)

This is what I found after I got up to go to the bathroom one night after being woken up. I think it was a conspiracy. (this one - about 1:30 am)

And last, but certainly not least. I have discovered that my little foster man Chance is a "burrower". I'm sure some of you guys have burrowers as well, but that lump you see below is a cat. He does this in the middle of the night and will crawl right up next to me and curl up. This would be fine if a) I didn't freak out about squishing him b) I didn't worry about him suffocating, c) he didn't attack me every time I rolled over and d) the other cats didn't hiss at him every time he moves because they don't know what the heck is under that lump.

I love them all to death and I know they run the house (I've come to grips with that), but mom needs a nights sleep and I am very close to shutting them out of the room.
Keep your fingers crossed for one good nights sleep....please babies....let me sleep.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh you poor thing! Pumpkin burrows next to my mother at night. Except he prefers to be in her arms. He 'makes' her lay holding him and must be touching her.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heres hoping you get a good night sleep .....
GOOD LUCK .....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did you check to see if they make a bigger bed
I know having a king sized does not always help

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I'm sorry, but that's too funny!
I only have 2 kitties and I know what you mean some nights. Chynna only has 2 spots she likes to lay (right side foot of the bed or right side pillow). Abby on the other hand she is all over the place and I never know where she will be when I wake up. And she too has taken to burrowing her way under the comforter at times.

I love my kitties, but when I'm in bed and I need my space, I'm not adverse to giving them a hard nudge or moving my leg and pushing them off the bed, LOL

You could either do the same, or maybe invest in a tent and sleeping bag for yourself?

Your kitties are sure beautiful, and it's highly obvious that they love you to pieces

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my husband & I had a good laugh over this thread. I'm thinking if I were you, the couch would be looking like a good place take refuge.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lisasha!

I KNOW what you're going through! When I lived in my first apt, I did not even have a bed so I slept on the couch and 2 cats (at that time I ONLY had 2 cats) would sleep all over me on the couch.

Eventually I got a twin bed and thought "Yay! Now I will sleep better and cats will not be all over me!" WRONG!

I got a QUEEN SIZED bed and thought "YAY! Now I'll sleep better and cats will NOT BE SLEEPING ON ME since the bed's HUGE enough!" WRONG!

I have 6 cats now (one is a foster cat) and 5 INSIST on sleeping with me no matter where I am. If I sleep on the couch, all 5 will sleep with me.. If I sleep on the floor, all 5 will sleep with me. If I sleep in the bed, yep, all 5 will sleep with me!

If I push them off me on the bed, they just keep coming back again and again and again.. If I shut them out of the bedroom, YIKES, they'll rip the door to pieces... So I've pretty much given up on the dream of sleeping peacefully and comfortably.
I have to confess that they have trained me so well that I cannot sleep without them now! When I go out of town, I don't sleep well cuz I'm not used to not having cats piled up on me.

SPike is the ONLY one who does not like to sleep with me BUT he does like to come and knead on me for a while before he goes off to sleep somewhere.

A while ago, a friend flew in from South Dakota and stayed with me for a couple days. I kinda hoped that some of the cats would sleep with her on the couch so I'd be able to sleep and be able to move around in my bed. ONLY ONE CAT slept with HER!!! Most of them still slept with me!

So I KNOW YOUR STRUGGLES!
The only advice I have for u is..... LEARN to live with it.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no you poor soul! Its funny and sad all at the same time... I'm sorry for laughin.

Perhaps you could try getting some kitty beds ready? Warm comfy blankets and cushions in one corner of your room?

Nah... I'd bet they would still prefer warm snuggly meowmy!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I think it was a conspiracy. (this one - about 1:30 am)
...oh my....you kill me with this quote!!!!
....Love the idea of the CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Good luck with your sleep today!...

And thank you for share!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Just checking in on your sleep status last night!!
does that answer your question.
Originally Posted by pushylady

my husband & I had a good laugh over this thread. I'm thinking if I were you, the couch would be looking like a good place take refuge.
If I go to the couch - they go to the couch......
If I go to another bed - they go to the other bed (I know - I've tried this
)

Originally Posted by Pamela

Oh Lisasha!

I have 6 cats now (one is a foster cat) and 5 INSIST on sleeping with me no matter where I am. If I sleep on the couch, all 5 will sleep with me.. If I sleep on the floor, all 5 will sleep with me. If I sleep in the bed, yep, all 5 will sleep with me! If I push them off me on the bed, they just keep coming back again and again and again.. If I shut them out of the bedroom, YIKES, they'll rip the door to pieces...
Gosh how true is all of this!!! God forbid I shut the door on them. You'd think someone was dying on the other side!!
And why is it always one less cat sleeping with you than what you have??? You've got 6 cats, but only 5 sleep with you, I've got 5, but only 4 sleep with me. Makes you wonder what that last cat is doing

Originally Posted by CoolCat

...oh my....you kill me with this quote!!!!
....Love the idea of the CONSPIRACY!!!!!
Good luck with your sleep today!...

And thank you for share!!
Thanks so much....but.......

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

does that answer your question.
Awwww sorry about that!

Lisa, Im almost positive that its you that has the pic of you "drawn" in all twisted, trying to find your sleeping spot on the bed between the cats. If it is, can you post it? That pic had me screaming laughing!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. I have nine cats and four or five sleep with me and Greg almost every night. Sometimes I think they have shifts. Bob and Penelope will take the first watch, later Uno takes the middle shift and Charmin and Egore take the shift for the early morning hours and of course those two want to sleep in my pillow.

This morning I got up at four to run to the bathroom. I came back got all settled in and slowly started to fall asleep but just about the time I got to slumber land Egore would bop me on the head with his paw.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Awwww sorry about that!

Lisa, Im almost positive that its you that has the pic of you "drawn" in all twisted, trying to find your sleeping spot on the bed between the cats. If it is, can you post it? That pic had me screaming laughing!
I believe that this is the pic you are referring to......

(I hope that works. I'm at work and I can only see the infamous red X)

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

I feel your pain. I have nine cats and four or five sleep with me and Greg almost every night. Sometimes I think they have shifts. Bob and Penelope will take the first watch, later Uno takes the middle shift and Charmin and Egore take the shift for the early morning hours and of course those two want to sleep in my pillow.
Yes....shifts....but why? What is that other cat (or cats) up to??
I think they're all working together....

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my goodness. I feel your pain but I can't stop laughing.

I have two and a big enough bed for all three of us but the girls always want some intense snuggling in the early a.m. At 4 am, I woke up to find Penelope sitting right in front of my face staring at me. Molly's methods are less subtle -- she just meows in my face until I start petting her and finding a spot for her under the covers and next to my stomach. Sheesh. What we do for cats.

Oh yeah, and there's no way I can shut them out of the bedroom. They'd go nuts.

I was away for three weeks in France this summer, though, and like Pamela, I had trouble sleeping without them! It is a comfort for some reason to have them nearby.

jenni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welwyn garden city, hertfordshire, England
I've got this great little book called 'One hundred ways to train your human' and there is a bit in there that says:

Some cats feel it is bad for discipline to let humans up on the bed. But be generous and share. They do so love sleeping next to you.
Letting humans sleep inside the bed with you is also a good way to ensure a night-long hot-water bottle.
Reclaim the duvet during the night. This is done by gentle but firm pressure, inching your way so that the sleeping human cannot help but move off your space.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yes....shifts....but why? What is that other cat (or cats) up to??
I think they're all working together....
I agree it is a conspiracy of some sort but I have not figured out what it is. I never see anything out of place or missing so they must have a secret hiding place for their master plan

My only hope is the dogs are not in on it as well. I think I am safe as the three of them usually lay around the bed so I don't....uh oh
they do stratigically place themselves so as there is no way I can leave the bed with out alerting each other..hmmmm and they do run down the stairs before me...maybe as a heads up to the rest of the crew