Company parties stink

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know its petty...and I know I just made a bad career move.

The person in charge allows us to choose the table to sit at a head of time (2 weeks before). Well, I signed up on an empty table and wound up getting bumped because there were going to be 3 guys bringing 3 sisters and all the sisters wanted to sit together. And there are only 6 to a table. So B and I got bumped.

I happened to see where I got moved and the owner's son was sitting at the table I got moved to. I really just have a problem with him as he's creepy, is demeaning towards women and other races, and in general makes me uncomfortable.
So I moved tables. I did it just as the girl in charge was typing up the table (she showed me), so nothing looks scribbled out. Who knows too, maybe he never saw my name to begin with. Although knowing my luck I doubt it.

Thanks guys for letting me get that off my chest!!! You can tell me I'm a
too.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You deserve to enjoy the evening too. It's hard to say if it did any damage.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not a freak. No one wants to be demeaned if they can help it. You're just avoiding the problem before there is one.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i agree i dont like company stuff like that.
last one we had was a couple of weeks ago, dinner at 7 pm, that is the time i get out of bed, no way i want to see those people when i first wake up.

they kept bugging me about it, i even told them that is the night i wash my hair(i shave my head) so i dont have hair.

finally i got pissed off told my boss, look i dont like you anyway(which is true) why the heck would i want to lose sleep and drive 30 miless out of my way then turn around and work 11 hours that night, are you smoking crack again or what.

yea yea, i know, i will never get that job at the UN now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just thankful he's not my boss...I'm sure the owner won't retire for a few more years, but he's hardly ever in the office.

Well all I can say is I hope this is the last Christmas party I have to worry about with that company. Hopefully when I finish my Masters I'll working someplace better and out of state.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea so I just found out that this guy wasn't sitting at that table until I was written into it.

I was thinking about it too...if moving is going to damage my rep and career that much, I would rather just stay where I'm at in the grand line of the company. If brown nosing outweighs intelligence and the ability to get the job done, then that's not a place I want to work at.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I used to work before, they stopped having Christmas parties after we got kicked out of the ritzy hotels 3 in a row. Last one was because one of the male Company directors and two female secretaries were chasing each other around the 4th floor with water guns. In their underwear!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Where I used to work before, they stopped having Christmas parties after we got kicked out of the ritzy hotels 3 in a row. Last one was because one of the male Company directors and two female secretaries were chasing each other around the 4th floor with water guns. In their underwear!
Who does that?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you could always do what I do at work gatherings- get drunk and be the loud one
but then 2 drinks is all it takes for that to happen

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a total trip!
DH and I were already asleep in the hotel room when we heard RUNNING in the hallway at 3am. Went to the door, and her runs by a blonds in her bra and panties squealing! Then another, with a water gun. Then the director
! It was too funny!

Shame they ruined it forever though. No more parties there, sorry...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Was it ever referred to as "The Rumble at the ******"?

One place I worked at the General Manager was telling me about a previous company he worked for and all company parties were cancelled because of umm..err...inappropriate behaviour...

The stories he had were quite hilarious. I kind of wish our Christmas party was like what yours described.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I used to work before the office was downsized we were told at severa1 locations not to come back!! But once we downsized it was always funny to watch who sat next to the branch mgr (the office suckup Who was a woman) we never had a chance!!
At DH's company the mgrs used to have a ritzy party at the one of the two local country clubs but top mgmt changed and that hasn't happened now for a couple of years (and thoses mgrs are complaining!!) He did have a office party only which we attended last yr-he didn't ask the "dress level" so we were rather casual (opps never trust a guy's ideas for a holiday party).
Don't know whats up for this year though.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lord, are there stories about those parties!

When the blonde from Accounting decided that after a nuch of drinks at the party would be the ideal time to turn in her resignation to her boss, which included a free mooning so they could (in her words) "kiss her a** goodbye", at which point she raised up her beautiful black velvet mid-calf length dress (with a beautifully embroidered neckline, which we probably would have remembered more if she hadn't mooned us) to reveal her untanned buttocks which were mysteriously uncovered by underwear that she was too drunk to remember to wear!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last company Christmas party we went to of Brian's we were one of the last ones to leave because he disappeared for the second half of the night. I was SOOO mad.

I finally found him hugging the toilet in the mens room and had to drive him home with him getting sick several times along the way...

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i agree i dont like company stuff like that.
last one we had was a couple of weeks ago, dinner at 7 pm, that is the time i get out of bed, no way i want to see those people when i first wake up.

they kept bugging me about it, i even told them that is the night i wash my hair(i shave my head) so i dont have hair.

finally i got pissed off told my boss, look i dont like you anyway(which is true) why the heck would i want to lose sleep and drive 30 miless out of my way then turn around and work 11 hours that night, are you smoking crack again or what.

yea yea, i know, i will never get that job at the UN now
Ok, If those were your exact words...KUDOS.
I would love to ask my boss if he was smoking crack.