Christmas eve.......did you?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you, as a child, leave out Christmas cookies for Santa? We sure did. I just found out a few years ago that kids left carrots out for Rudolph! Never heard of that when I was a child!
Jerry plays Santa every Christmas for different places and all the kids ask him what kind of cookies he wants left out. He keeps saying his favorite are Oreos!

Yes, this is Jerry/Santa making a peace sign behind his buddies head!

The children rush off telling their moms that they need to get some Oreos!

I can remember putting out the milk and cookies, and how excited I'd be in the morning to see the cookies gone! (dad had a real sweet tooth!)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Susie!
Of course you have to leave something out for the reindeer! It's hard work pulling that sleigh!

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid we used to bake cookies for Santa and I would always INSIST that I leave out a BALE of hay and plate of carrots for the reindeer (we lived on a horse farm). So every year my Dad would haul a small bale of hay into the house and then haul it out (leaving conspicuous lumps at the chimney) again when we went to bed.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ohhh the memories....i use to leave out a plate of cookies and a HUGE glass of milk for Santa. I would also make my mom get me a huge bag of carrots too...1 for each of the reindeer.
I would then also start to think, well if every kid in the world left out cookies wouldnt Santa get sick of them.....of course my parents would tell me....ohhhh nooo never Santa needs his cookies....lol

I also had 1 more perk of christmas eve....hehe my father is a cop and the department would do this little radio skit over the police radios. One of the dispatchers would get on the radio and describe what santa was wearing, what his sleigh looked like, that the reindeer were working hard, that it was traveling at a high rate of speed and if any officers saw him to let him go he was on an important mission to get the huge sack of toys to the boys and girls of the world.

This always got me to go to bed earlier knowing Santa was on his way.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I don't think we did. But Santa came while we were at church on Christmas Eve and then we would open presents from Santa and the immediate family that night. So I guess we were early on his route.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only did we do cookies, milk and carrots, but we had reindeer dust...Ii was basically glitter and uncooked oatmeal, and to this day, we go out there and sprinkle it on the lawn so that santa will be able to find our house

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Unfortunately not that I can remember, because I was told at a very young age by some mean brothers and a sister...that mom and dad were our Santa
Awww... that was not nice of them. Did you pay them back?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always left out cookies and milk - and apples for the reindeer! In fact, still did up to last year!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Unfortunately not that I can remember, because I was told at a very young age by some mean brothers and a sister...that mom and dad were our Santa
That was mean!

We left out homemade chocolate oatmeal cookes and a large glass of milk. Im glad you guys left carrots out for the reindeer, so they had their food. I had never heard of that until recently.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by FootersOwnsMe

I also had 1 more perk of christmas eve....hehe my father is a cop and the department would do this little radio skit over the police radios. One of the dispatchers would get on the radio and describe what santa was wearing, what his sleigh looked like, that the reindeer were working hard, that it was traveling at a high rate of speed and if any officers saw him to let him go he was on an important mission to get the huge sack of toys to the boys and girls of the world.
This always got me to go to bed earlier knowing Santa was on his way.
Ohh, that is so sweet that they do that! How cool.

I have older brothers, so like Bella713, the whole Santa thing was spoiled from an early age.
If anybody had left out cookies, I can guarantee you with 5 kids in the house, they would not have lasted long!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummm, no, don't recall ever doing that.

My niece and nephew did and at midnight they would hear sleighbells! (Courtesy of my brother-in-law.)

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, but my sisters and I would fight over what kind of cookies santa liked so the poor guy had to eat 3 platefuls and 3 glasses of milk.

The reindeers got both apples and carrots which I later found out went into xmas dinner

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We left cookies and milk for Santa every year, and carrots for the reindeer. That is, until one year my dad suggested that we should switch it up and leave Santa a beer and some peanuts...

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissintheSouth

When I was a kid we used to bake cookies for Santa and I would always INSIST that I leave out a BALE of hay and plate of carrots for the reindeer (we lived on a horse farm). So every year my Dad would haul a small bale of hay into the house and then haul it out (leaving conspicuous lumps at the chimney) again when we went to bed.
That's a really cool Dad.