Hey Amber!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How's Kitten going now? Is she getting any better? Is she eating on her own? Is she home again? I've been worrying about her!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking. Kitte is doing a little better. They managed to get her to eat a couple bites of wet cat food this morning. Then she ate a little bit of her dry tonight at 7. So she's eating a little on her own. Not enough to stay healthy but its an improvement. The vet wants to keep her there until she will eat at least 2 spoonfuls of wet cat food 3 times a day on her own. She does not want them touching her. When I went to see her I brought Jada along and she rubbed all over Jada and Jada was giving her lots of kisses. But she would have nothing to do with me. I think she remembers I was the last one who had Bagheera.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she is eating some.Honey, she isn't holding it against you for Bagheera, she is sensing your pain and heartache and it is confusing her.
Plus, you probably smell like the Vets and the other animals.........so it's strange to her.
I honestly do NOT for one second think she remembers you took him away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I'm glad she is eating some.Honey, she isn't holding it against you for Bagheera, she is sensing your pain and heartache and it is confusing her.
Plus, you probably smell like the Vets and the other animals.........so it's strange to her.
I honestly do NOT for one second think she remembers you took him away.
I agree, I think she is just very confused. Maybe try Feliway and see if that helps calm her down. I wonder if it's worth putting her on mild sedatives as well to help her stress levels?

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear that Kitty is eating a little bit. Keep taking Jada to see her. It will help calm her and reassure her. Here's some {{{feel better and eat}}} vibes for Kitty.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I agree, I think she is just very confused. Maybe try Feliway and see if that helps calm her down. I wonder if it's worth putting her on mild sedatives as well to help her stress levels?
I agree - at least check with your vet if that is a good option for her.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you all are feeling better I will keep sending you all good vibes and hope kitten feels better soon. Talk to ya Monday I will be out for the weekend. HUgs

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:HUGS: I hope Kitten continues to improve. I know its hard but it will take a bit for you all to grieve. Sometimes you just gotta push forward. And I know it seems like your heart hurts so much that you can't hurt anymore and you don't want to feel that kind of pain anymore but love is the strongest emotion given to us and love is endless. Even when we lose someone our love for them and their love for us continues. And its the same with Kitten her love for Bagheerra was very strong and she's not ready to let him go yet so it will take her time. Just keep loving her and she will come around. Like I said and I am sure you already know love is the strongest emotion that we have its a blessing and a curse all it one. But it does get easier and then before long all you remember is the love you feel and the sadness kind of takes a step back. :HUGS: